Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i have a question...i currently have about 1/3 of a tank left in my GT with 87 ocatne, i wanted to go fill her up with 91, since i will be getting my tune soon with 91 octane. Will having 1/3 of the 87 mixing with the 91 do any harm? Dumb question i no, but ive never filled up any other octane that 87...so i really dont no hahaha thanx everyone!:kooky:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
It's not going to hurt anything for that small amount, some people even use higher octane gas for no reason other than to burn their money thinking it would improve performance, but without the tune, might as well burn your money :eyebulge:

·
Registered
454 Posts
What you really need to do is fill up with 93 octane. If you have 1/3 @87 and 2/3 @ 93 then you would have a full tank of 91. Make sense?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I agree with woodj, fill up with 93. If you can go ahead and burn off some more of that 87 octane.

Good Luck:thumbup

·
Registered
454 Posts
TheStangRookie said:
California doesnt have 93 octance.. only 91... how about throwing in some octane booster along with filling up the tank with 91?
Bummer. Drive the car to Alabama. Fillup with 93.

I lived in LA for about 18 months. I sometimes forget you people live in a different country.:sterb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts