Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Diablosport Predator, but cannot use it because I have an existing tune in the computer. I know I need a reflash from Ford before I can use it. So, my question is, will Ford reflash my computer without any hassle? I may have a timing problem anyway. The person who did my current tune might have skipped over a few parameters that needed to be adjusted. That is why I want to tune it my self and get it right.

G

·
I dont know about diablosports handheld programmers but i do know about the SCT and i would think Diablos would be the same. Every car has a stock tune from Ford in it. When i got my custom tune on my handheld programmer for my car, it reflashed the computer to the tune i put in there. That tune will be on there unless i put the stock tune back in or whatever other tune i change it to. DOes this programmer have a custome tune that u need to upload? If so u shouldnt have to have ford reflash it, u reflash it with the tuner. Again i dont know Diablosports stuff, just a little about SCTs stuff. :drink:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I meant to say is that I don't have Ford's stock program in my computer b/c it was overwritten by a "piggyback" (I think that is the right term) program from diablosport through a laptop at a local speedshop. This morning I took it to a Ford dealer to have the pcm reflashed back to factory settings and to check a few other things. At first they said they wouldn't touch it b/c they were gun shy about flashing already tuned computers, but then said they would do it, no problem. So I will just wait and see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.