Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to find an automotive piston/wrist pin puller? I keep finding motorcycle piston pin pullers. Once my new piston heads arrive I will need to remove my old ones from the connecting rods. Thanks.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
Does anybody know where to find an automotive piston/wrist pin puller? I keep finding motorcycle piston pin pullers. Once my new piston heads arrive I will need to remove my old ones from the connecting rods. Thanks.

check autozones free loan a tool program

·
Registered
769 Posts
What engine? Are you looking for the spiral lock removal tool.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
If they're bushed, they should come right out. If they're press pins, then they have to be pressed out.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are pressed in. But I know there is a tool that is basically a really long bolt with a head that is just big enough that it can't be pulled through the pin. Then you tighten a nut and the force pulls the pin out. I don't care about damaging the old piston heads, I am replacing all 6 of them with new piston heads and new pins.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
They are pressed in. But I know there is a tool that is basically a really long bolt with a head that is just big enough that it can't be pulled through the pin. Then you tighten a nut and the force pulls the pin out. I don't care about damaging the old piston heads, I am replacing all 6 of them with new piston heads and new pins.

thinking of a gear and bearing puller?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I have an original shop manual for my car. It told me to use a pin puller.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
trust me, machine shop. its only $ 2.00 each!...... 12.00 bucks. and how are you going to get new ones on without damaging new pistons?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To get them on, I figured I would take them to my friends dad. He builds race cars. I'll have to find a new shop. There is no way on god's good earth that I would take them to the shop that rebuilt my engine. They rebuilt it 2 years ago. Couple months ago, I had to rebuild the cylinder head. Now, I am rebuilding the rest of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.