Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've been trying to find a good adjustable coil over kit for my 2002 GT convertible. One that I've found is the eibach pro-street coil over kit for 79-04 mustangs but it's about $1200 anyone know if I can find something similar thats cheaper?? Main thing is I want it to be adjustable.

·
Registered
244 Posts
UPR makes a kit for the front that costs about $199, it comes with QA1 springs and you even get to choose spring rate. Combine those with some adjustable Lower Control Arms in the rear and you have fully adjustable suspension for much less than $1200. LCAs are a weak spot in our suspension, installing aftermarket LCAs will make your car handle & launch much better. Here a link to the UPR info,Unlimited Performance Racing Products On-Line - UPR Coil over kit with springs 79-04

·
Registered
260 Posts
UPR makes a kit for the front that costs about $199, it comes with QA1 springs and you even get to choose spring rate. Combine those with some adjustable Lower Control Arms in the rear and you have fully adjustable suspension for much less than $1200. LCAs are a weak spot in our suspension, installing aftermarket LCAs will make your car handle & launch much better. Here a link to the UPR info,Unlimited Performance Racing Products On-Line - UPR Coil over kit with springs 79-04

They come with Eibach springs. I just installed a UPR k member and the coil overs last week.

·
Registered
244 Posts
UPRs web site states they have HAL Springs QA1s in a few different rates. Check the link,Unlimited Performance Racing Products On-Line - UPR Coil over kit with springs 79-04 . The link to the k-member kit shows HAL QA1 sprins also, Unlimited Performance Racing Products On-Line - 1996 - 2004 Chrome-Moly K-Member Kit. I know Eibach has a nice coil over kit but I have never seen Eibach springs on UPR coil overs. I wonder if they switched over to Eibach and have not updated their site. Where did you order yours from, did you get to choose the spring rate?

·
Registered
260 Posts
UPRs web site states they have HAL Springs QA1s in a few different rates. Check the link,Unlimited Performance Racing Products On-Line - UPR Coil over kit with springs 79-04 . The link to the k-member kit shows HAL QA1 sprins also, Unlimited Performance Racing Products On-Line - 1996 - 2004 Chrome-Moly K-Member Kit. I know Eibach has a nice coil over kit but I have never seen Eibach springs on UPR coil overs. I wonder if they switched over to Eibach and have not updated their site. Where did you order yours from, did you get to choose the spring rate?

I actually called UPR and ordered them, but I got the info off of their website. They must have switched over, because the springs were stamped with the Eibach name. Yes, I chose my spring rate. Since it is my daily driver, I chose the 12-250. The only problems I am having now is locating where the hell this annoying creaking noise is coming from. Probably my bushings, etc....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.