Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When getting a spoiler or hood scoop put on, it is it better to have it done at the Ford dealership or can a custom shop do it? I noticed the dealership is really expensive, but don't know if that will void any warranty or not.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Custom Shops can do it as well...And cheaper. If you were up by me I could do it REALLY CHEAP.
But I would go to a Custom Shop. It'll come out the same as if you were to take it to Ford.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Stay away from the dealership. I am doing a new hood at a shop for less than the dealership wanted to do just the scoop. You can find some nice hoods and scoops here:

USA AND  CANADA

They even have some nice functional ram air hoods. They have scoop, side scoops, and louvers here:

USA AND  CANADA

I would recomend finding one you like and going to a shop to have them order it. They usually have a deal worked out with the manufacturer and can get it cheaper. The place I am having mine done at gets the same price but I don't have to pay shipping. I would get a spoiler for that car to. I have always been a fan of spoilers on Sports Cars. That's just my opinion though. My nieghbor who has a 2003 Stang is having his spoiler taken off, he thinks it looks cleaner that way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a custom shop here that will do both the spoiler and hood for just under $1500. both that I picked out are gonna look WICKED when they get done . I could have gone cheaper, but the cheaper hoodscoops they had just didn't have the look I wanted.

Here is the hood:

Car and Truck Body Kits, Carbon Fiber Hoods, Trunks, Z3 Fenders, Wings, Ground Effects, Wide Body Kit, bodykits, hood, trunk, bodykit.

And here is the spoiler:

Car and Truck Body Kits, Carbon Fiber Hoods, Trunks, Z3 Fenders, Wings, Ground Effects, Wide Body Kit, bodykits, hood, trunk, bodykit.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's always nice to customize your ride. Sweet.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I found a custom shop here that will do both the spoiler and hood for just under $1500. both that I picked out are gonna look WICKED when they get done . I could have gone cheaper, but the cheaper hoodscoops they had just didn't have the look I wanted.

Here is the hood:

And here is the spoiler:

Both of those links just go to the home page

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.