Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do yo uhave to re-tune a v6 mustang when adding dual exaust?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but because you are changing the way air and exhaust flows in the car, couldn't you damage the cars engine over time due to the computer not being calibrated properly to increased flow in air. also wouldn't the exaust not run at optimal preformance?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
just unhook your battery before welding.
and ehrn u hook it back up the cr will re learn the new back pressures

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but a computer doesn't program itself unless prompted. Programing doesn't evolve. it can only be changed but new software or reprogramming. software that learns is called AI and i'm sure if the mustangs computer had this, it would be well advertised

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
...software that learns is called AI and i'm sure if the mustangs computer had this, it would be well advertised
They do and it is. It's also referred to as "adaptive strategy"

This is a quote I clipped from a Ford fuel injection book:
...Adaptive strategy or a kind of AI is the focus of section five. Yes, your car can learn – about the environment, the engine and even the way you drive. ...
Book Review: How to Understand, Repair and Modify Ford Fuel Injection, and Electronic Engine Control

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow very cool. thanks for the help guys ^^

·
Registered
169 Posts
Generally when you do dual exhausts you don't have to retune. But who stops there?? The next is CAI which you do have to retune. It just goes on and on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.