Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am planning to plug RJM EGR Eliminator into my 1990 5.0 Mustang. http://rjminjectiontech.com/collections/egr-eliminators/products/egr-eliminator
I do have the EGR unit still installed but sensor is disconnected from the harness connector.

Does anyone know if I MUST remove the EGR unit and block it off in order to use this eliminator ? or I can simply plug this elminator without removing the EGR unit from throttle body ?

Also, is there any mismatching issue in the 1990 EGR sensor connector that might cause real problems if I am not aware of ? I guess that there are at least 3 pins in the eliminator and in the harness connector... any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just curious, why would you wanna put a sensor delete and not delete the valve? Would that just make it easier for you to plug it back up for emissions or something?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious, why would you wanna put a sensor delete and not delete the valve? Would that just make it easier for you to plug it back up for emissions or something?
No sir.. I would never be able to plug it back as long as I have that FP gauge installed. It is just temporarily until i buy the block off plate to delete the valve :laugh:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way guys, I have heard that I can leave the sensor unhooked - no need to plug the harness connector with that eliminator- and the computer will see no response from the EGR and disable the function in the EEC. It sounds like that EGR eliminator is usele :scratchchin:surprised !!!!

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Yes and no.... The object for that is to generate a code 33. Unplugging the connector will log code 34 I believe. Which will cause a CEL. If i remember right, code 33 won't. And to achieve that you just need to unplug the vacuum source from the EGR valve.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes and no.... The object for that is to generate a code 33. Unplugging the connector will log code 34 I believe. Which will cause a CEL. If i remember right, code 33 won't. And to achieve that you just need to unplug the vacuum source from the EGR valve.
Good to know that!

·
Registered
307 Posts
and a block off plate is easy to make...i made mine out of a piece of 1\8 inch metal...and put blue glue all around it on both sides...but if you are one of those guys that has to have everything perfect...waste your money on buying a plate...i just like making things with my own hands...well things that are not life threatening like a EGR block off plate anyways...saves a few bucks for another mod...my .02

·
Registered
307 Posts
actually...correction...made it out of a Miller Lite can...no the beer had no influence on making it at all...just a handy piece of bendable metal...its easy...just take your EGR off...trace a line around it for the shape and the holes...and put it on with sealant...mine was bad (had to beat it on the ground to make the valve break free) and had a Vacuum leak is the reason i blocked it off...and didnt feel like buying the block off plate

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually...correction...made it out of a Miller Lite can...no the beer had no influence on making it at all...just a handy piece of bendable metal...its easy...just take your EGR off...trace a line around it for the shape and the holes...and put it on with sealant...mine was bad (had to beat it on the ground to make the valve break free) and had a Vacuum leak is the reason i blocked it off...and didnt feel like buying the block off plate
Thanks for the advice buddy:bigthumbsup I agree... I can make it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts