Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the air bag in the one spring do? is it for front end torque to keep your car level at launch? and does it hook to a pump or something?

thanks

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
It keeps the rear of the car level on launch. Most tend to squat hard on the right side, lifting the left side and causing loss of traction.
It'll have an air fitting that you mount where you can attach an air hose to (most put it inside the trunk/hatch in the shock tower area) and you'll pump it up for more firmness, and deflate to allow some squat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm... did someone edit the title? :headscratch:

OK, thanks for the reply, right now I have a stock 05 gt and will supercharge it soon, I would like to be in the 11s one day. with it being a daily driver I wouldnt think I need to the air bag even in the coil, Correct em if im wrong but I dont think I will have so much torque that I would need that....or is it worth/ needed it being in?

R

·
0 Posts
ummm... did someone edit the title? :headscratch:

OK, thanks for the reply, right now I have a stock 05 gt and will supercharge it soon, I would like to be in the 11s one day. with it being a daily driver I wouldnt think I need to the air bag even in the coil, Correct em if im wrong but I dont think I will have so much torque that I would need that....or is it worth/ needed it being in?

yep the title was edited.....

the air bag is worth while it will help combat wheel hop......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.