Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey evryone, Im just wondering since on my 94 gt, I removed the mufflers and gutted 2 cats fso now its only got 2 cats left. If I put and offroad h pipe from mac or any other company and some mufflers, chamberd ones, will it be louder then having 2 cats and no mufflers? I have this annoying police officer who lives in my neighbourhood and wont stop telling me my car is too loud. Thanks in advance for any advice

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
no the o/r h-pipe with mufflers would be alot quiter then your set up and it would not sound like a red neck truck. i would say put some mufflers on it and have your car sound like a respectible mustang. IMO

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
No mufflers and 2 gutted cats... yup that would be too loud. Only way to get the sound police off your back is for it not to be obnoxiously loud. Get some mufflers and off road exhaust and chances are they'd accept that, plus it'd probably run better due to have the scavaging effect back. You're probably losing torque from that less-than-impressive setup you currently have.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, I myself do hate it. It does sound like crap so i guess ill be ordering some longtubes and an o/r h and a nice catback. On ebay this store is selling the headers(longtube ceramic) and the h pipe for approx 550 plus free shipping in the states or 30 for me here in canada. Best price I can find it anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.