Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this car for a great deal!! I always wanted a 03-04 cobra, but they were roughly 17-20grand with 60-90k miles on them and most were beat on. I know those cobras came with 390hp and the 2004 roush gt I have has 260hp stock. What I am curious is the guy at the dealership (ROUSH certified dealer) said this Roush is pushing mid-300's HP... I was curious what you guys think with the add-on's that this car has HOW MANY HP WOULD YOU SAY THIS CAR HAS? I don't know where I can locally Dyno this car...

OFFERED FOR SALE BY GILLINGHAM FORD IS THE ROUSH MUSTANG SEEN PICTURED BELOW. THIS MUSTANG IS SHOWROOM NEW WITH ONLY 6,900 ACTUAL MILES. THIS ROUSH IS FINISHED IN THE HARD TO FIND SCREAMING YELLOW THAT IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. THE CAR IS SHOWROOM NEW BOTH INSIDE AND OUT, ALWAYS USED AS A SHOW CAR/TOY NEVER A DAILY DRIVER AND NEVER SEEN WINTER WEATHER. THE DAY WE GOT THE CAR I TOOK THE PHOTOS BELOW AND PUT IT IN OUR INDOOR CLIMATE CONTROLLED STORAGE FACILITY.

THIS MUSTANG CAME NEW WELL EQUIPTED FROM ROUSH. THE SPORT PACKAGE INCLUDED ROUSH FRONT FASCIA, REAR VALANCE, SIDE SKIRTS, ROUSH WINDOW BANNERS, ROUSH EMBLEMS, ROUSH HIGH PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH HANDCRAFTED POLISHED SIDE EXHAUST TIPS, EMBROIDERED FLOOR MATS, AND CUSTOM TRUNK TOOL BOX. ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL EQUIPTMENT ADDED BY ROUSH WHEN NEW INCLUDED ROUSH REAR WING, ROUSH SHAKER HOOD, ROUSH ALUMINUM PEDALS, JACK ROUSH DESIGNED VINTAGE SHIFTER, ROUSH VINYL DOOR SILL PLATES AND ROUSH VALVE COVER APPLIQUE.

THERE WHERE ALSO SEVERAL AFTERMARKET PARTS ADDED TO THIS VEHICLE WHICH RESULTED IN MUCH BETTER PERFORMANCE. I HAVE THE FACTORY PARTS WHICH ALSO COME WITH THE CAR. THE PARTS INCLUDE PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS 75MM POWER THROTTLE BODY, C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE, GRANATELLI MOTORSPORTS UPPER INTAKE PLENUM, HYPERTECH POWER PROGRAMMER, UPR PRODUCTS K SHIFTER, STEEDA 3 PIECE PULLY SET, AND STRANGE ENGINEERING 3.90 GEARS. (In trunk not used is a HYPERtech Power programmer adds 20-35HP)

Some Options:
Roush Sport Package $3875
Rear Wing $775
Shaker Hood Option $1250
Hand Crafted High Performance Exhaust
Ford 8.8" Rear End
Tru Flow Inlet Pipe
Pulley Set
High performance Air intake/air planum
Short throw shifter

ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER FOR THIS ROUSH WAS $33,364! THE CAR STILL SHOWS AS NEW NOW WITH ONLY 6,900 MILES. WE ARE OFFERING THIS CAR AT A HUGE DISCOUNT FROM NEW SO ACT FAST THIS DEAL WILL NOT LAST LONG! THIS MUSTANG HAS BEEN THROUGH OUR SHOP AND COMPLETELY SERVICED. IT HAS A FRESH LUBE, OIL AND FILTER, NEW WIPER BLADES, TIRES MEASURE8/32 FRONT AND REAR, AND BRAKES ARE AT 955 LIFE REMAINING. COOLANT IS GOOD TO -45 DEGREES AND BATTERY TESTED GOOD. FLY IN AND DRIVE HOME!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAINLY MY QUESTION IS WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK I AM GETTING FOR THE HORSE POWER given the add-ons
:?:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
what stage roush is it?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
It's probably got maybe 20hp over stock with the mods listed (lol @ Hypertech's 20-35 hp claim; more like half of that on an exceptionally good day). So figure between 250-260hp at the tires (stock, most do about 235 on average).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
response

It's probably got maybe 20hp over stock with the mods listed (lol @ Hypertech's 20-35 hp claim; more like half of that on an exceptionally good day). So figure between 250-260hp at the tires (stock, most do about 235 on average).

I was stating what the manual said for the Hypertech programer...:smartass:
Its fun as hell to drive though...
I figure with only 7k miles on it.... I will in a year or so put a supercharger on it, nothing big just something to make it put up a good fight on the strip.....:worship

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I would guess 245-250 rwhp. There's really nothing there that's added any horsepower except the throttle body and plenum, and that's only 6-10 on a good day and then the pulleys, which are good for 2-5rwhp on a good day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses guys!! :bigthumbsup

I just got her and she's being babied.... So I havent really got on her, but she feels like she wants to go... My friends have had a 98Gt and 96Gt, and they know those only had 245hp stock, but they said mine seems like it wants to get up and go...
Thats why i wanted to know your guys opinions... so thanks :)

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys!! :bigthumbsup

I just got her and she's being babied.... So I havent really got on her, but she feels like she wants to go... My friends have had a 98Gt and 96Gt, and they know those only had 245hp stock, but they said mine seems like it wants to get up and go...
Thats why i wanted to know your guys opinions... so thanks :)
Actually they only have 215 stock, which makes it a pretty decent jump in power for the 99-up cars.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Boy, someone babied that car! Hope you do. I put on 6-7K each Summer in mine (2007). Just looked at the production numbers for that car. You have the only Screaming Yellow Sport coupe from Roush.
Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
: )

Boy, someone babied that car! Hope you do. I put on 6-7K each Summer in mine (2007). Just looked at the production numbers for that car. You have the only Screaming Yellow Sport coupe from Roush.
Dave
:kooky:Yea I was amazed to find that out after I got The car... Makes me laugh when the salesman said "It's one of a kind" I thought it was a sales line(not that i needed to be sold), but he was serious... I called roush and they verified that to me "1 of 1" screaming yellow coupe SPORT...
Yea i will baby it.. it sits in the garage pretty much 5 days a week since i got it...

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Just a thought, you might want to check out FNsweet.com just a bunch of us Roush owners. Lets you keep up with the latest and greatest and problems even with the older ones. Could join the Roush Road Crew and get up dates on events (Jack signings) and such. Think you get 10-15% of most items.
Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Dave
Awesome thanks for the 411! I checked that out! Ur right that site is sweet! By the way Nice Ride yourself:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Thanks, had it all upgraded right at Roush. Got loads of pictures of the swap.
Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts