Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on autozones webiste and it looks like there are 4 o2 sensors? Pardon my ignorance but I have never heard of 4 only 2. Can someone please verify this? Also Replacing all 4 just for general purpose can be expensive so is there a way i can use an OBD 2 scanner to see which sensors maybe flutuating abnormally high? also is there a way to tell which sensor is bad by its location on the odb 2 scanner? like are the 1st 2 sensors like upstream? Thanks for all your help ! I just inherited the car and it has almost 200K on it and i dont think they ever been replaced. Should I just replace em all anyways? No CEL have been thrown but i do believe i have fell vicitim to the IAC valve curse i have been reading about.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
yep there are indeed 4. 2 of them actually effect the engine's performance (the front 2), and the rear 2 just monitor catalytic converter efficiency. i would just replace the front 2, seeing as the rear ones don't do much.

I was reading on autozones webiste and it looks like there are 4 o2 sensors? Pardon my ignorance but I have never heard of 4 only 2. Can someone please verify this? Also Replacing all 4 just for general purpose can be expensive so is there a way i can use an OBD 2 scanner to see which sensors maybe flutuating abnormally high? also is there a way to tell which sensor is bad by its location on the odb 2 scanner? like are the 1st 2 sensors like upstream? Thanks for all your help ! I just inherited the car and it has almost 200K on it and i dont think they ever been replaced. Should I just replace em all anyways? No CEL have been thrown but i do believe i have fell vicitim to the IAC valve curse i have been reading about.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
yup front (upstream) o2s are the ones closest to the engine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yes there are 4. two on each side. on a obd2 scanner it will come up with either bank one or bank two o2 sensors. it will also tell front or back. my reccomondation is get fake o2 sensors never have to worry about throwing a o2 sensor code again.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Don't just go replacing them for the F of it. You have no reason to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.