Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have the money to buy the FRPP V6 performance pack. Now I am looking for an educated guess on how much I would be paying for labor, removal etc. I am thinking somewhere around $500-900 just as a safety precaution but I doubt that it will actually cost that much. It shouldn't take that much time maybe 6 hours or so I think, I'm not sure but it is a cold air intake adding a dual exhaust and a performance calibration. So some input on prices would be great as well as on time to install would be even more awesome.

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
If you got the tools and know how, it would be an easy project for you. I would atleast do the CAI and tune myself. but if they do all of that, i see 2 hrs labor max. unless they take their sweet time or the labor book thing says something crazy. but to me, i wouldln't pay 500-900 for that stuff to be installed.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do the CAI and tune myself but if it is done at the dealership my car stays under warranty which is pretty much one of the only reasons I'm getting the pack. The 500-900 is just a very very safe guess at the maximum that I have to save up for service I'm expecting like 350.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Exhaust doesn't affect your warranty. Neither does an aftermarket CAI. The only thing they can get you for is if you bring it in with a custom tune. To fix that just reflash your stock tune on it before you bring it in. I say do it yourself to get the know how, but I also recommend not going with the FRPP pack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.