Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an extra relay harness but its not here with the car. Its for a electric fan relay. Will it work for a fuel pump relay. I need the harness to plug in my fuel pump relay and have a mounting bracket. The relay did not come with the plug just the wires and male conn. Im prettyy sure these work the same may need to remove a wire but just wanted to check.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
A relay does not know what its hooked to. And if its designed for a fan, then it should be sufficient for a fuel pump.

I may have spoken to soon. If the relay is set for a thermostatic controln then I don't know how that would work. I'm sure it could though.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure but I thought all those relays worked the same. Guess if no one chimes in Il find out tomorrow when it all gets here.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
They all pretty much operated the same. What Im saying is, if the relay is just a plain ole relay and not controlled by a temp probe, then yes it would work just fine. If it is controlled by a temp probe, its a SPDT relay. And you have to pay attention to how you wire it. Because if you wire it to the 87a terminal, the pump wont work when the relay is engaged. But it will work when its not.

I am probably late on this one. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I seen the dia on the side of the relay it works different. I used the fuel pump relay backwards in the fan relay harness. Worked out I believe. I mainly just want to have the harness not the relay with a bunch of wires dangling. Thanks for the help.:bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.