Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to pick up a set of used Saleen underdrive pulleys and just wanted to know if they don't come with the original bolts would I run into problems installing or locating the right bolts for them? Would I be able to use the stock bolts that are on the stock pulleys already? I understand I will have to get a new crank bolt? I can just pick that up from Ford, right?

I can buy a set of pulleys and cmdp for the price of the plates alone so i'm thinking i'll go for it, I was just wondering what mess I'm going to run into after I pick them up. thanks.

I've dug around and can't find much info on the Saleen pulleys but I would imagine they are just as good as Steeda pulleys, does anyone else have them on their car?

I bought a set of 20" 454 motorsport chrome bullitt wheels as well they are on order I'm waiting for those to come in as well, should look a bit better.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
I don't know about the Saleen pulleys either, but I can't imagine that they would be very different from the Steedas or others.

You shouldn't have any problem with the bolts; you can re-use the water pump pulley bolts, and it is a good idea to get a new crank bolt like you said. You might have to special order it from the dealer; for my 2010 the part number is F5RZ / 6A340/B -- not sure if you need the first part but it is on my invoice; also not sure if earlier years had a different part number.

Steeda provides a bolt to replace the stud on the upper right corner of the water pump to provide more clearance; I don't have the size for that handy but could probably dig it up if you need it; that could be a small problem if you don't have that one.

Make sure you get the torque specs . . . I don't have that handy right now either, but can probably dig it up if nobody else chimes in first.

·
Banned
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I know the crank pulley is 85ft/lbs I am not sure about the remainder. I also have to find out who has the special tool to remove the alternator pulley. I won't be in a 911 panic to get them on so I will make sure i am prepared before doing the swap.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I did the steeda cmdp's and pulleys last weekend.. the cmdp's were actually pretty easy, while it's apart I'd pick up some throttle body cleaner and clean that while you're at it. since the intake was off, I sprayed it out really good too. (Don't do this while it's on the car though!)

With the steeda pulley's I had to get a shorter bolt for the bottom of the alternator.(other wise it rubbed the pulley.) Also be aware that the stock Ford pulley does not have holes in it. So a standard harmonic balancer puller will not work. You will need a 3 jaw puller, you can rent these at Autozone, but again kind of a pita to use. This was my experience with the steeda stuff, not sure about saleen, but like JBert said, it can't be alot different.
Good luck:bigthumbsup

You'll be happy with it, better throttle response, quicker revs, and mid-upper rpm pulls better, I mean you're not going to see night and day, but the subtle changes are worth it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts