Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2014 GT I recently purchased has Brembo brakes, the door sticker says it has 3.73 gears (code BB), and the diff looks to be a Torsen (finned).
Does this indicate the Track Package? Does it then have the Boss 302 radiator?

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
check the oil filler cap -- does it say 5W-50?

I think the finned diff cover only came on the track pack cars; but they can be installed aftermarket also

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check the oil filler cap -- does it say 5W-50?

I think the finned diff cover only came on the track pack cars; but they can be installed aftermarket also
Ah, I forgot about the difference in oil; my cap says 5W-50. So I guess it's a base GT with just the Brembo package and 3.73 gear option?

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
I think so yes . . . . might want to wait for some others to chime in, but I'm pretty sure the Track Pack cars had the 5W-50 oil fill cap
I know the 5W-50 oil was recommended (for severe road track use, not needed for the street) but I am not sure if that was only in the owner's manual, or if it was on the oil filler cap

·
Administrator
4,807 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Track Pack cars had the 5W-50 oil fill cap
Correct. Also if it’s a Track-Pack, it should have an OEM oil cooler/warmer.

The (55D) Brembo Brake Package includes the following:
  • Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
  • 19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
  • 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
  • Different Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
  • Different Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
  • GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber)
  • Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
  • Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
  • Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire

The GT Track Package comes with all of the above +

• 3.73 final ratio
  • Torsen limited slip dif
  • Boss Radiator
  • Engine Oil cooler

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also if it’s a Track-Pack, it should have an OEM oil cooler/warmer.
I will have to look for the cooler; haven't really been under the car yet.
At this point I think maybe a previous owner just added a few bits of the Track Pack. Odd that he put on Pirelli P-Zero Nero All Season M+S tires, though.

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,586 Posts
I will have to look for the cooler; haven't really been under the car yet.
At this point I think maybe a previous owner just added a few bits of the Track Pack. Odd that he put on Pirelli P-Zero Nero All Season M+S tires, though.
I see a lot of Brembo Cars with No Season tires on them, and then they wonder where their traction went.

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
all season = no season, LOL . . . but in most cases, most people probably can't tell any difference, since we don't usually drive anywhere near the performance potential of even those

·
Administrator
4,807 Posts
These springs...how would they manifest themselves on the door codes, or would they? My spring code is "SSGG."
I don’t know of the top, but I’ll look at mine next time I go out.

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,586 Posts
all season = no season, LOL . . . but in most cases, most people probably can't tell any difference, since we don't usually drive anywhere near the performance potential of even those
I don't have that problem since I put the 295/35's on the back, I have thus figured out more of the performance potential of my little V6. Balance really is pretty good with the extra weight off the front end :whistle:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I put my chrome Bullitt 315/35R17's on the rear tonight. Looks kinda goofy with the black Brembo wheels up front. Hence my quest for decent chrome front wheels to clear the brakes.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,586 Posts
I go fast on Corners, was never going to be the drag racer my Dad was so I decided to turn although I did have an 8 second car in the the early 80's. My Dad was doing that with a Flathead Ford in 1959
I upgraded my V6 to Brembo's and 2013-14 13.8 GT500 Rears. It will keep up with a C7 Corvette that needs a driver modification. My car is also sitting pretty close to 51% front and 49% rear and the reason I went with the 295's in the back was because it was breaking loose. Not anymore now I need to put it on Road Atlanta or VIR to see how it does opened up.
The Boss 302S wheels clear, but they are not chrome

Even the V6 can hold its own in the cornering department

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Steering part Speedometer Car Gauge Automotive design

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
how did you change the weight distribution to even it out like that? and did you take it to a 4-wheel scale to check the weight distribution?

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,586 Posts
Weighed it on my friends racing scales and the 100 pounds of lead in the spare tire hole helped out a lot.
Leveling the car (.75"/1.25") was good for .5% transfer to the rear the lead and the staggered setup was good for the other 1.5%. It was 53%F and 47%R stock. The reason I bought the V6 was better balance for cornering and it has not let me down yet.
It is right @1808 pounds front and 1737 rear with me out of the car and around a 1/4 tank of gas so full tank it would be a bit better percentage yet

·
Registered
11,302 Posts
hmmmm . . . the lead might improve the weight distribution, but it adds total weight, so net-net it probably hurts overall performance . . . I was wondering if you had relocated the battery to the trunk, which would improve the weight distribution without adding any weight

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,586 Posts
According to Ford the car is supposed to 3401-3533, it was 3545 with the extra 100 pounds and moving the battery to the trunk would get me back to the 3445 and the same distribution or pretty close. Or I could play with the weights and get it to 50/50. The Sport bikes and Corvette owners already hate me on the Dragon because of the loose nut behind the wheel :whistle:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ah, I forgot about the difference in oil; my cap says 5W-20. So I guess it's a base GT with just the Brembo package and 3.73 gear option?
I have a 2013 track package and the oil is 5W-50 as it says on the filler cap. Every year when I go to the auto parts store for oil I have to argue with the counter person that my car takes 5W-50 and not 5W-20. Apparently there is no reference in their system for track package cars. I have to explain to them it is essentially the same as the Boss 302 because it has the oil cooler.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts