Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have a 2013 track package and the oil is 5W-50 as it says on the filler cap. Every year when I go to the auto parts store for oil I have to argue with the counter person that my car takes 5W-50 and not 5W-20. Apparently there is no reference in their system for track package cars. I have to explain to them it is essentially the same as the Boss 302 because it has the oil cooler.
Yeah, turns out I'm an idiot. I thought the cap said 5W-20, but it turns out it does indeed say 5W-50. D'oh! 馃槼

Registered
track pack it is then! (y)

Reactions: riffraff

Registered
Also the track pack cars hold more oil. 8.5 quarts I think? So just in case the guy decided to put a 5W50 filler cap on it for whatever reason....When you do change the oil you will be able to tell for sure.

Registered
Also the track pack cars hold more oil. 8.5 quarts I think? So just in case the guy decided to put a 5W50 filler cap on it for whatever reason....When you do change the oil you will be able to tell for sure.
It鈥檚 only a half of a quart more..... I own a 2014 GT non track pack and it takes 8 quarts when I change it .

Registered
My 鈥13 track pack seems happy with 8 quarts. I鈥檝e never had to put more than that in to reach the full line. Maybe they hold 8.5 from completely dry because of the oil cooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Cobrajet67

Registered
My 鈥13 track pack seems happy with 8 quarts. I鈥檝e never had to put more than that in to reach the full line. Maybe they hold 8.5 from completely dry because of the oil cooler?

I always have to put more than 8 in. Getting ready to do it very soon. Bought the oil on sale like I do every Aug and the next time I drove it the change oil soon message came on. Must be an annual thing because I don't put that many miles on it a year.

Administrator
My 鈥13 track pack seems happy with 8 quarts.
Is your鈥檚 a Track-Pack, or Brembo Package (according to signature)?

My 鈥14 Track-Pack shows a little low unless I use 8.5 quarts.

Font Parallel Pattern Number Rectangle

Registered
Is your鈥檚 a Track-Pack, or Brembo Package (according to signature)?

My 鈥14 Track-Pack shows a little low unless I use 8.5 quarts.

View attachment 781962
I believe it to be a track pack car. It has the Boss 302 oil cooler and track pack gauges. I assume also the Torsen rear end but not sure how to tell.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts