Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing my cdc classic chin spoiler (looks awsome!!) my question is that the instructions say the tape isnt 100 adheard until 72 hours have passed, but it seems strong enough. I was wondering if anyone installed theres and then went on the highway im just trying to figure out if i can go highway speeds right away with out it flying off.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
It appears I missed that part of the instructions, or it was added after I installed my CDC Classic and went wheeling down the road, happy in my ignorance and with the appliance in place and intact.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
After you spend that kind of money and to have it painted, do you really want to take a chance. If it was a side panel or something like that, no problem. But your right in the front with all kinds of air pressure pushing down on it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
After you spend that kind of money and to have it painted, do you really want to take a chance. If it was a side panel or something like that, no problem. But your right in the front with all kinds of air pressure pushing down on it.
I'd have to agree. The manufacturer wrote it in the instructions for a reason. Better to hold off or keep your speeds down. It would be a pain if you had to replace the tape at a later time because it wasn't holding well.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I drove mine the same day on 3 occasions (yes it's been off a few times). I see no need to wait.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
If you're REALLY worried try adding some fasteners where the weakest points might be. It may be somewhat unsightly from a "worm's eye view" but at least you'll have some greater assurance that you won't "bloody your chin" at high speed.:rockon:

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Put mine on, and went driving all around town that day.. didnt let it "Sit and adhere".. i dont see the real point.. itll be fine, dont worry..

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I thought the CDC classic chin spoiler was also bolted on in a couple of spots and not just taped.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I would guess the warning is there mostly for weather effects. What if it rains? I imagine air pressure might also pose an issue if you were going fast enough. Don't really know. The 3M tape has some major sticking power, that's for sure.

Mine goes on this weekend, temps permitting.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
yeah, its bolted on.. two bolts on each side.. n then tape across the whole front end..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.