Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any info/suggestions for a stripe kit and or where to get some. Are there any kits designed for the Stang in particular? Are they vinal and go on similarly to that of window tint, if so how duriable are they? Any help on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that page wont load for some reason. It's a 07 torch red, planning on black stripes, not sure if glossy or a retro style flat black would look kewl on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How'd they hold up? Why only a year, was/is ther something wrong with DIY stripes?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did them myself and they held up just fine but I always knew they'd be temporary until I had them painted.
Thanks Stl, you gave me some ideas anyway, appreciated them. Of course the Rousch ones I liked the best, duh $. figures:so

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking for any info/suggestions for a stripe kit and or where to get some. Are there any kits designed for the Stang in particular? Are they vinal and go on similarly to that of window tint, if so how duriable are they? Any help on this would be appreciated.
do what i did, go to a local graphic shop and get them installed there, mine cost me 150 bucks

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I got mine rocker panel stripes from graphic express, thats all I am going to do, less is more for me, I put them on myself, of course bigger jobs I would leave to the professionals IMO

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Stripes anyone?
Yes! Stripes is my favorite Bill Murray movie. I also really like Groundhog Day, although many people like Caddyshack best.

But as far as your actual stripe question, I kind of like gloss black stripes on torch red.

G

·
I got my kit from BSM (Baltimore Street Mods). Rob (owner) is great to work with. I have the 10" duals (bumper-2-bumper) with the 1/2" bordering pin-stripes. BSM custom made my rocker panel stripes. If you are striping the bumpers, I'd recommend contracting with an expert. The bumpers actually take more time then all the rest of the car combined. I paid a graphic shop $150 and they did an outstanding job. Stripes have been on for 13 months now, and look as good as they did day 1. Same shop also put on my clear-bra. Link below to BSM.

BaltimoreStreetMods, 3M Automotive Graphics

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my kit from BSM (Baltimore Street Mods). Rob (owner) is great to work with. I have the 10" duals (bumper-2-bumper) with the 1/2" bordering pin-stripes. BSM custom made my rocker panel stripes. If you are striping the bumpers, I'd recommend contracting with an expert. The bumpers actually take more time then all the rest of the car combined. I paid a graphic shop $150 and they did an outstanding job. Stripes have been on for 13 months now, and look as good as they did day 1. Same shop also put on my clear-bra. Link below to BSM.

BaltimoreStreetMods, 3M Automotive Graphics
Ty,Ty Doc those are exactly what I am lookin for, just need to find a graphics place by me. Was thinkin of doing myself, but if they can do them for 150+ I might not need the headache.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I would certainly have paid $150 to have mine installed. Having never done it before, it took me about 7 hours.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Check out Yipes Graphics in Englewood, OH (West of Dayton Airport). They have done 2 of my mustangs and their work and looks are awesome. They used to use 3M vinyl stripping, but have switched over to Avery and the stripes come with a 7 year warranty as well. Todd, the installer has over 15 years experience and is very meticulous and very good as his trade.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mine were on the car when I bought it and they are still in good shape and I own a 2005 that I bought a year ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.