Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to these forums. Recently have been getting into fixing up my 2000 v6 mustang. I am not a car expert, far from it. My friends on the other hand, well lets just say they went to trade school while I picked college prep. Here is my question:

On my 2000 Mustang there are 3 areas with plastic mesh. 1 on the hood and 2 near both doors (pretty sure everyone knows what I am talking about?). I was wondering, is it possible to remove any of these and then reattach them? If so, what do I need to do and/or buy?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
SystemofaDwn said:
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to these forums. Recently have been getting into fixing up my 2000 v6 mustang. I am not a car expert, far from it. My friends on the other hand, well lets just say they went to trade school while I picked college prep. Here is my question:

On my 2000 Mustang there are 3 areas with plastic mesh. 1 on the hood and 2 near both doors (pretty sure everyone knows what I am talking about?). I was wondering, is it possible to remove any of these and then reattach them? If so, what do I need to do and/or buy?

Thanks
take a screwdriver (or something stiff & plastic) wrap it in a piece of cloth, and pop it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that much but before I went ahead and did it I was wondering if I would be able to get it back on? I plan on painting them and then reattaching them but I don't want to remove them without being able to reattach them. Thanks

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
SystemofaDwn said:
I figured that much but before I went ahead and did it I was wondering if I would be able to get it back on? I plan on painting them and then reattaching them but I don't want to remove them without being able to reattach them. Thanks
Don't know about the hood scoop, but the side scoops plastic honeycomb thingy just snaps back in . ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know about the honeycomb on the hood? Lol, didn't even think of calling it that. I thought people would get what I meant when I called it mesh lol.

Also, how would i go about painting them? It might sound stupid but I want to paint them blue to match the interior work I am doing...thought it would look pretty bad ass.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.