Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have steeda sport springs and koni's, already installed. I didn't buy the camber plates and am curious as to whether or not I need them. Or will an alignment get me close enough to factory specs where I won't damage my tires. Again the steeda sport springs are 1" front 1.2" rear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just installed Koni STR.Ts and Steeda sport springs (with the GT500 Strut Mounts)...hoped my alignment would be ok but this wasnt the case. Driver's side would not align. Fortunately the alignment center had camber bolts (~$40 installed) and that took care of it for me. (Cheaper than camber plates).

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'd recommend getting a good set of camber/caster plates with an adjustable panhard bar. Best to do your research before diving into mods only to find out that you have new issues...

Camber Plates
Panhard Bar

·
Registered
54 Posts
One more part to add to the list:confused: When does it end?!?!

I've been trying to plan for all the parts needed to lower my car and I keep adding parts to the list. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.....

·
Registered
355 Posts
One more part to add to the list:confused: When does it end?!?!

I've been trying to plan for all the parts needed to lower my car and I keep adding parts to the list. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.....
Yup...best to get it right the first time. Just don't get too carried away if your primary goal is a drop. There are some things that you need to ensure a proper alignment (camber/caster plates, panhard bar) and other things that address performance (UCAs, LCAs, Shocks/Struts, etc.). Just be patient and keep reading - it's all here. As a start, this is what I'm going with (addresses both performance and alignment):

- Steeda Sport Springs
- Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts
- GT500 Strut Mounts (to use for the Koni's)
- Steeda Camber/Caster Plates
- BMR Adj. Panhard Bar

Have fun :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a umi adjustable panhard bar, the issue is I just keep getting different info everywhere I ask. Some folks say camber plates aren't needed, or bolts, some say just to camber plates not the bolts, etc.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I just had my car aligned last weekend after installing the suspension parts in my signature. I DID NOT need caster-camber plates . I DID need the rear end centered, hence the adjustable panhard bar. I had camber bolts just in case I needed them. I did not need them either. I have only heard of the CC plates needed on severe drops. Earlier in this thread is the first I've heard of a car with a slight drop not aligning.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I just had Steeda Ultralites, Koni STR.ts and a UMI panhard put in and my alignment went fine barely any changes needed. I had it done at the dealership

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.