Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 gt mostly stock, the only mods are plugs, and plug wires, and exhaust. I haven't had the money to beef it up yet, but how fast will that top out at being stock? I've gottin it to 120 before I had to slow down due to seeing a cop up ahead. Thanks!

·
Registered
864 Posts
stock i've heard just about 140 but i've had mine up to 130 :gringreen 1986 oh yeah

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright cool thanks! Ever been pulled over for your car being to loud? yeah happened to me about an hour ago :gringreen he didn't get me for speeding but he wrote me a $30 ticket for loud exhaust made no sense to me.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Dude, going that fast on public roads it's very stupid. And Just to let you know doing engine mods and "beefing" up the motor isn't really gonna help you out on your top speed. I don't know that anyone on here even mods their cars for top end speed alone. If that's what your after get a taller gearing ratio and some speed rated tires and for gods sake take it to a damn track or dry lake bed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dude, going that fast on public roads it's very stupid. And Just to let you know doing engine mods and "beefing" up the motor isn't really gonna help you out on your top speed. I don't know that anyone on here even mods their cars for top end speed alone. If that's what your after get a taller gearing ratio and some speed rated tires and for gods sake take it to a damn track or dry lake bed.
For real my man, slow it down out there. Blow a tire, break a balljoint etc. @ that kind of speed your most likely a gonner. You just got the car. It's old, stuff is getting ready to break on it right now while it's sitting in the driveway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ah let him bust his ass, he may learn some out of the whole situation, when his doing 25 years for involuntary manslaughter. my 2 cent$:winks

·
Registered
864 Posts
yes been pulled over for being to loud when i had it dump out after the flowmasters the cops don't like the sound :nono: tail pipes fix that. to the speeding NO road racing just me and my ride no girl no dog nothing one spot i can get into her :gringreen i upgraded the front end to the 91 and NEW parts so yeah and NO cars around so dad can i play?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok well I was on a backroad where there's no traffic around and no houses for at least 10 miles it was farm land, and a cop just happened to cruise down the road. I go the speed limit or below the speed limit while I'm on public roads around traffic but thanks for advice anyways.

·
Registered
864 Posts
i just wanted to say i hope anyone who drives a fox spends the money on new parts to be safe :bigthumbsup keep your ponys on the road. countryboy if your car is stock get some gears 373 's is what alot of guys to get the most out of ther cars . me i like the top end so i still have stock gears:winks

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Stock gears will not give you more top end.

Also going that fast on public roads is just dumb as you say there are no houses or traffic but what happens if an animals comes out of nowhere....trust it will end poorly for both.

·
Registered
864 Posts
will not give more but not so high in the rpm's i can be at 80 mph and only be at 2100 what would you be at with 373s ?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
i bet my mothers cavalier will do 120mph too..great job..congrats:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
i bet my mothers cavalier will do 120mph too..great job..congrats:bigthumbsup
:heha::heha::heha:

And at 80 mph probably 2700 rpm but I don't usually cruise that fast as there is no need to.

·
Registered
864 Posts
when i get on the highway i just get up to what everyone is doing most the time it's 75 in the morning on the way to work not so much on the way home. but i'm not trying to tell anyone to speed today i'm doing 70 when a 05 stang .vert goes bye me it's a guy with 2 kids if he was not doing 90 he was not doing 50 this at 5:00 rush hour :nono: i know no one like a public road speeder but that was to much for me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts