Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question on FRPP GTAs

679 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  FYouGitive 
#1 ·
Well I finally got mufflers. Was thinking Corsa's but finally decided on GTAs. I just bot a good used pair for a really good price. In fact, they are not even used. The guy put them, thought they were too quiet and repalced them right away with Borla's. I am certain they are GTAs - look like the picture have the nice tip. He had them in a box with the FRPP label and part number on it. Stamped Made in USA on the muffler part.

But I thought GTAs had Ford Racing embossed on the chrome tips. Am I wrong or were there older models that didn't have that.

#3 ·
Correct, no logo on the tips of GTA's.

Frank

#5 ·
Great, thanks guys. I'm looking forward to putting them on and breaking them in.

#8 ·
Speaking in terms of metallurgy and physics, what is it that changes in a muffler as it is "broken in"?

#6 ·
How Far should Tips stick out

What does everybody think looks best for how far the chrome tips should stick out from the rear valance/bumper. My OEM chrome tips are about flush or stick out just slightly. I was thinking of extending the GTAs out a little bit more for a bit more aggressive look.

#7 ·
What does everybody think looks best for how far the chrome tips should stick out from the rear valance/bumper. My OEM chrome tips are about flush or stick out just slightly. I was thinking of extending the GTAs out a little bit more for a bit more aggressive look.
I would say a half inch should do it.
3/4" max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.