Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I need to replace my leaf spring clamps since the rubber is worn out. The kit I purchased from CJ Pony Parts has 3 clamps for each leaf spring. My leaf springs only have 2 clamps on them. Where does the third clamp go? Thanks.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Well there are only two on each of your springs so that kit must have been some kind of universal set up that could be used for different applications

Toss the spare clamp and rubber in your spare parts box. Maybe someone will need one in the future and you can be a hero.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boomyal - There are 3 per leaf spring. I think two are in front of the axle and one behind. I was looking for someone who knew and could validate what I think is correct.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Tbirdtony is correct, the two in front of the axle, one clamp holds two leafs and the other holds 4 leafs, the one behind the axle holds three leafs, if the leafs don't fit close together, use a C clamp to get them together. When I pulled my leaf spring off to replace mine, by bottom two leafs were broken in two. Good Luck.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Boomyal - There are 3 per leaf spring. I think two are in front of the axle and one behind. I was looking for someone who knew and could validate what I think is correct.
Hmmmm, sorry! I went out and looked at the springs on my car before I answered but I looked from the rear of the car. I must have missed the two clamps up forward of the axle. My Bad.:nono:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts