Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought a 2002 Mustang GT. And I really love the sound of the exhaust thats on it. But the guy he bought it from said the previous owner put it on so he doesnt know what it exactly is. All my friend knows about it is that its X pipe and apparently has a Super 40 muffler in the middle of the "X". Does anyone know what type of exhaust this is called or where I could find it online? thanks_

·
Registered
985 Posts
Could be anywere from,

BBK , Bassani, Pypes, Hooker, VRS,

Dude.. That question is kinda dumb Lol but dont sweat it as long as you didnt have to get it installed or pay for it, Its All Good ;]

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Ok it's not a dumb question, regardless of what that ^ guy said. You like the exhaust and want to know what it is, so let's get it figured out.

As far as there being a "muffler in the middle of the X", I can only think of a MAC Prochamber midpipe. You don't put mufflers in the middle of a midpipe. I don't even think there is room in that area of the car.

Can you get a picture of the underside of the car? Or check online and see if the "MAC Prochamber" looks like what your buddy has.

·
Registered
41 Posts
just get yourself some 40s and a x pipe and have a shop put them on for you , most likely thats what he did . the stuff isnt that expensive.i have had the same bbk x pipe for at least 6 years and always have ran 40s. i may change mufflers next time around , the 40s are loud as hell. with the built motor it attracts to much attention.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok it's not a dumb question, regardless of what that ^ guy said. You like the exhaust and want to know what it is, so let's get it figured out.

As far as there being a "muffler in the middle of the X", I can only think of a MAC Prochamber midpipe. You don't put mufflers in the middle of a midpipe. I don't even think there is room in that area of the car.

Can you get a picture of the underside of the car? Or check online and see if the "MAC Prochamber" looks like what your buddy has.
ok thanks man. I will try to get a picture of the underside of his car. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts