Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
We have a 20 inch 1967 aluminum radiator in The 66.
We upgraded from the 17 inch to the 20 inch wide one for better cooling. We had to cut 1 1/2 inches from each side of the radiator support to allow air to flow to all of the radiator
Pictures and Info:
Cooling

Mustang Steve has a write up on putting in a 24 inch radiator in a 66.
radiators

There are many dealers and Ebay dealers that sell them. Prices will range from 130 to 350.

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hey all I have a question. I want to put a aluminum radiator in my 66 mustang coupe 289, What is the right size that will fit and where can I find one? Thanks Varmit
Hi,
You don't need to "hack" your rad support system to improve your cooling. I run a 4 row copper with a 180 deg. T/S with an engine that makes 392 RWHP. I have no cooling problems on a 95 degree day.
Check with Redline cooling, if you want to go aluminum.
Happy Trails!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Went with a GRiffin on mine about 10 years now and still bullit proof.

·
Registered
419 Posts
X2 for Champion. I am using a Champion 4 row aluminum radiator and it works perfectly. No modifications or cutting needed to the stock radiator support and it uses the same bolt mounting holes.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The Champion I got fit perfectly, is guaranteed to your satisfaction, is less expensive than a comparable brass radiator and can be purchased with or without an electric fan. The quality is of the highest I have seen on any radiator and much better than the ford three row.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts