Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i went to town fair tire today to find out whats the wides size tire i could fit on my bullitts just for the rears and from what he told me is i have a 8 inch width but im not quite sure he was right about that and also said if i go to wide alll blow the beed off the rim if i take hard turn does anyone have any idea what the sizes of the 2004 mustang gt bullitts are and whats the wides you can go regarding tire? thanks

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
They're 8" wheels, and the widest recommended for street use would be a 255.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
To be honest with you I would not even waste my time with the 8's in the back I would personally get on americanmuscle and order two back wheels and I would go with the 10.5" deepdish so you could go with a wider tire that is actually gonna look good on your car making it more aggressive, and having the extra rubber there for traction......also if you don't wana go with like 305/35 tire you could go with the 9" and run like a 275/40 or something.

I am no tire/wheel expert but I would have to say you don't wana go over the 245/45 tire on the 8" wheel but I am not sure.....also if your tire shop can not help you with the widest tire that will work on your wheel I would not use them anymore. Check out american muscle on there bullitt wheels if it was me I would just get wider wheels and do it right so you don't have problems with tires wearing right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts