Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
clemenrp said:
I'm looking at new wheels for my 03 v6, I have a choice between 9" front and 10.5 rear, or just go 17x9 all the way around, Bullitts, Chrome.
Suggestions? :?:
the bigger the wheel/tire combination, the more performance they'll suck out of your car. Ask MustangDewd, if you don't believe me.

The most you should go, if you want to retain any hp/torque (It's already pushing a GT spec (HEAVY) tranny, driveshaft, with soft power programming and tall gears) is a +1 tire/wheel combo. I wouldn't go more than 17x8, unless you've got a power adder, or some serious work in the engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheels

Yea I started thinking about it, 315's will be pretty heavy. Right now I have K&N Filter, and Diablo Sport Predetor. Future MAC dual exhaust, 3.73 w/t-loc, roller rockers. Also have a set of lowering springs. :)

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
clemenrp said:
Yea I started thinking about it, 315's will be pretty heavy. Right now I have K&N Filter, and Diablo Sport Predetor. Future MAC dual exhaust, 3.73 w/t-loc, roller rockers. Also have a set of lowering springs. :)
so you've got 162-175 hp at the rear wheels. I wouldn't go more than a +1.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I just found this thread haha, yeah, bigger wheels slowed me down a lot, needed the gears at least. I use my 7x15's again, much quicker, much smoother ride too to boot.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
what size wheels did you have?

I have a set of stock GT 17X9

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have the bullet torque thrust (GT's 17x8)

If I upped the gear ratio it would handled it better, but I'm not that adventurous with my ride.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I agree, I would keep the 17's on your ride. Unless you have significant power adders, I would not put the 17x10.5 on the rear. With the 17x9's you will still have plenty of options regarding tires sizes. And will retain the good looks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
if you're looking for power go with the smaller wheels

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.