Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just got a triple pillar pod with a tinted air/fuel gauge, vacuum gauge and water temperature gauge installed on my 2005 V6 Mustang at my local dealer and it look great.
:thumbsup

But since I've got it back the air/fuel gauge is constantly going back and forth from lean to rich and if I give more gaz the motion is going faster is this normal or is there a problem.
:confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
What brand is it, and where does it get its signal? Unless you paid $400 for it, it's just a light show.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a GlowShift and I'll get the info from the tech to where it take the signal but I didn't paid 400$ for it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Sorry to break it to you, but narrowband gauges are a complete waste of money. What yours is doing is pretty much normal for what any narrowband gauge is going to do. They do not give you a true reading of your A/F ratio, it is more a guess, and they constantly change readings because of the way that they hook up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yep... it's normal for the type you have.

·
Registered
191 Posts
call me crazy, but why would you bother getting one of these unless you have a turbo or SC set up? Seems like kind of a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
208 Posts
hawgman said:
Sorry to break it to you, but narrowband gauges are a complete waste of money. What yours is doing is pretty much normal for what any narrowband gauge is going to do. They do not give you a true reading of your A/F ratio, it is more a guess, and they constantly change readings because of the way that they hook up.
+1 - you need a wideband to be accurate, but with your set-up, you don't need a wideband anyway. Your gauges are for looks and I'll bet it looks good... :kooky:

PS - Nice to see you Hawg! Don't worry, I'm not pushing KB... LOL

·
Registered
261 Posts
also if i may add, the a/f always fluctuates . it is never a constant.at low idle your a/f will be leaner , say 14.5 and as you reach WOT or higher RPM's it becomes more rich, say 12.6- 13.0. or lower if you hav a s/c. vynle

·
Registered
58 Posts
+1 - you need a wideband to be accurate, but with your set-up, you don't need a wideband anyway. Your gauges are for looks and I'll bet it looks good... :kooky:
You are wright about the looks but if they can be useful too so why not. I've took a picture...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
boss377 said:
What brand is it, and where does it get its signal? Unless you paid $400 for it, it's just a light show.
It take its signal from one of the two front O2 sensor before the catalyst.

·
Registered
767 Posts
boss377 said:
What brand is it, and where does it get its signal?
You connect it to the O2 sensor signal wire. Easiest place is at the PCM, top plug. It is a purple wire with a green stripe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you should buy one that gives you a digital readout, and have a bung put in your exhaust. So you can get a better and more accurate reading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts