Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up fellow mustang owners I have posted a similr question to this but I been paying more attention to my little problem all I want to know is if your mustang vibrates at idle I don't mean like a big vibration but sumthing you can feel while stopped and in drive(d) mostly in the steering wheel or the floor board I'm just curious because I have been told by friends that I am over reacting. I have a 2006 mustang gt screaming yellow auto with 17500 miles

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
What's up fellow mustang owners I have posted a similr question to this but I been paying more attention to my little problem all I want to know is if your mustang vibrates at idle I don't mean like a big vibration but sumthing you can feel while stopped and in drive(d) mostly in the steering wheel or the floor board I'm just curious because I have been told by friends that I am over reacting. I have a 2006 mustang gt screaming yellow auto with 17500 miles
I do not really feel that much vibration at idle. Welcome to AFM

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome to AFM. I also have an 06 Screamin' Yellow with 18000 miles, no vibration, but mine is a vert and I don't beat on the trani too bad. What other mods to do you have ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I believe there is a TSB on a vibration in the center console area, which is related to the exhaust hangers on the transmission crossmember. The fix is to remove the hangers since they are only there for vehicle assembly and not really needed.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I believe there is a TSB on a vibration in the center console area, which is related to the exhaust hangers on the transmission crossmember. The fix is to remove the hangers since they are only there for vehicle assembly and not really needed.
You know I did notice that before I installed my Kooks LT`S and off road x-pipe. Now it is not there. My exhaust is much louder though.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have a 2006 GT with 43,000 miles and don't have any vibration.

·
Registered
914 Posts
i have a manual and mine vibrates very prominently at idle is it caused by the transmission and can you hear it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cannot hear the tranny but it happens sometimes and sometimes its not there I'm stilluunder warranty but I hate to go to the dealer because thy say its normal but is it

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It's hard to diagnose a "vibration" over the internet. My car has a slight vibe to it when at idle, but it's nothing serious. If the passengers aren't affected, you are probably ok.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would have the dealer do the TSB, I had it done, it doesnt hurt anything to get rid of those exhaust hangers. TSB 06-4-1

·
Registered
121 Posts
None here almost too smooth!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a slight vibration, but nothing that worries me.

·
Registered
921 Posts
07 GT Can't say I have a vibration I've notice but now i think i'm going to paranoid next time i get in it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No vibrations at idle with mine

·
Registered
82 Posts
Vibration

I did the exhaust hanger TSB myself - easy to cut off with a hacksaw. Worthless dealer claimed there was no problem. Note that problem is more like 1200 RPM rather than idle, but it's worth trying.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.