Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how fast are the v6 firebird compared to the v6 stangs? Just wondering, because one of my buddies might be getting one... also the t/c 99 eclipse... thank you if you find this.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I got behind a v6 firebird at a light once and the road was going to switch to two lane for just a little bit then is going back to one so I wanted to get around before it went back to one. the light turned green and we both accelerated normally in first and then I got to second and I rode it for a while as we got to the two lane I switched and he gave it the gas as to not let me around and I was still in second rollin at about 25 so I punched it and I walked around him with ease. I think they have equal or less power and they are heavier. As for the eclipse I had a friend with a 97 GS so we raced and he pretty much just got a good view of my dual flows:strut

·
Registered
701 Posts
Gro_oms said:
how fast are the v6 firebird compared to the v6 stangs? Just wondering, because one of my buddies might be getting one... also the t/c 99 eclipse... thank you if you find this.
The magic number is:

weight/HP -> the lower the number, the faster; or
HP/weight -> the higer the number, the faster

You can definitely compare a stock V6 Stang to a stock V6 Fireturd since they are both RWD cars and aprox have the same drag coefficient.
The eclipse might make a little difference since it is FWD and has the lower drag coefficient.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
I got behind a v6 firebird at a light once and the road was going to switch to two lane for just a little bit then is going back to one so I wanted to get around before it went back to one. the light turned green and we both accelerated normally in first and then I got to second and I rode it for a while as we got to the two lane I switched and he gave it the gas as to not let me around and I was still in second rollin at about 25 so I punched it and I walked around him with ease. I think they have equal or less power and they are heavier. As for the eclipse I had a friend with a 97 GS so we raced and he pretty much just got a good view of my dual flows:strut
www.car-stats.com
They are even slower than the Camaro, due to weight, even though thay have a but more power.

Car-Stats.com Report for 1999 Chevrolet Camaro V6
Obtained from C&D February, 1999
0-60: 7.7 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 16.1
1/4 Speed: 87

what's a t/c Eclipse? If it's the turbo, you're going to be about even, if you have a 1999+ Mustang v6.

Car-Stats.com Report for 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
Obtained from MT June, 1994
0-60: 7.4 Transmission: Automatic
1/4 Mile: 15.5
1/4 Speed: 90

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I was just wondering what i would be up against if i would ever get another car.:sosad: I am so going to baby my new car... unless its a p.o.s. of course. I'm hoping for another 99+ 6er.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
engineer76 said:
The magic number is:

weight/HP -> the lower the number, the faster; or
HP/weight -> the higer the number, the faster

You can definitely compare a stock V6 Stang to a stock V6 Fireturd since they are both RWD cars and aprox have the same drag coefficient.
The eclipse might make a little difference since it is FWD and has the lower drag coefficient.
I just whupped an eclipse with a primer paint job and an unpainted body kit, complete with the fart can muffler. It was great!

:drool:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
kscoyote said:
I just whupped an eclipse with a primer paint job and an unpainted body kit, complete with the fart can muffler. It was great!

:drool:
Yeah they're fun to race:) . When I raced my friend I got way to much wheel spin and he still didn't pull in first! As soon as I hit second and got connected it was like he put it in reverse:worship

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
Yeah they're fun to race:) . When I raced my friend I got way to much wheel spin and he still didn't pull in first! As soon as I hit second and got connected it was like he put it in reverse:worship
I've only had 2 tough vehicles to beat -1 a modded S-10 Extreme, beat him, but not by much . . . and a 87-9 GT that sounded mean.

Although I have gotten massacred by a Honda - He had a turbo + juice. -I don't mind losing to sharks.

Heck, if AustinsCobra ever taakes me up on a pinkslip race with his AudiS4, I'll be juiced to the max.

I just need to beat him once, and I've got his $60,000 car to sell and rebuild whatever I damage beating him .. .

:laughlitt

Find a wrecked SC engine -throw on the Roots blower, and give it a 125 shot of nitrous, and I may throw a rod through the side of the engine, but I'd bet I could coast to the line!!

:laughlitt :kooky:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
kscoyote said:
I've only had 2 tough vehicles to beat -1 a modded S-10 Extreme, beat him, but not by much . . . and a 87-9 GT that sounded mean.

Although I have gotten massacred by a Honda - He had a turbo + juice. -I don't mind losing to sharks.

Heck, if AustinsCobra ever taakes me up on a pinkslip race with his AudiS4, I'll be juiced to the max.

I just need to beat him once, and I've got his $60,000 car to sell and rebuild whatever I damage beating him .. .

Find a wrecked SC engine -throw on the Roots blower, and give it a 125 shot of nitrous, and I may throw a rod through the side of the engine, but I'd bet I could coast to the line!!

:laughlitt :kooky:
Hey when it comes to slips that's how it works man. Go hard or GO HOME!

·
Registered
567 Posts
kscoyote said:

Sure, lets do it..... As long as I get to pick the place....

You want to use NOS, I want an icy track......okay i'll even let u use chains on your tires :winks :laughlitt

Wassup, are we doin this or what?

·
Registered
977 Posts
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
Sure, lets do it..... As long as I get to pick the place....

You want to use NOS, I want an icy track......okay i'll even let u use chains on your tires :winks :laughlitt

Wassup, are we doin this or what?
The only fair place to race is at the track......1/4 mile. It's my understanding that nitrous would work for your vehicle as well. Run what you brung.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
95MGTS said:
The only fair place to race is at the track......1/4 mile. It's my understanding that nitrous would work for your vehicle as well. Run what you brung.
yeah, but I'm willing to kill my own car to win. I'm not sure Austin would be willing to destroy his $60,000 car to win my $7,000 car!

I've got half my new combination built. If I destroy my 6, I just slip in the new engine . ..

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Saleen Owner said:
Don't you mean, 'Go hard or walk home!'.
Yeah thats what I meant

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hey KS, are those MSD 8.5 wires any good? I've been lookin at those lately and was wonderin if they were worth the time

·
Registered
567 Posts
kscoyote said:
yeah, but I'm willing to kill my own car to win. I'm not sure Austin would be willing to destroy his $60,000 car to win my $7,000 car!

I've got half my new combination built. If I destroy my 6, I just slip in the new engine . ..
Your car will die before u hit the 1/4 mile.... Beside if I want a car like yours, I just go buy one. But why do I want to do that :shrug

Both my cars will do well in 1/4 mile, but both cars is not ment for drag racing...... You should know this, I thought KSCOYOTE knew everything........

And why would I want to risk my ride for your POS again????? Give me a good reason........ My bicycle cost more than that......

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
tex117 said:
Hey KS, are those MSD 8.5 wires any good? I've been lookin at those lately and was wonderin if they were worth the time
Only if you're planning a power adder . ..

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
Your car will die before u hit the 1/4 mile.... Beside if I want a car like yours, I just go buy one. But why do I want to do that :shrug

Both my cars will do well in 1/4 mile, but both cars is not ment for drag racing...... You should know this, I thought KSCOYOTE knew everything........

And why would I want to risk my ride for your POS again????? Give me a good reason........ My bicycle cost more than that......
My car doesn't have to live, only to beat you. And I am willing to kill it for your car. That's teh beauty of pinkslips.

You're the one who challenged ME! I'm willing to race you for pinkslips!! I have NO PROBLEM with putting my car against yours!! If I win, I get yours -and I already have an engine ready to go to the next level for my car, -if you win, you get a car with a destroyed engine and possibly transmission -sounds fair to me!

:laughlitt :laughlitt :laughlitt

:cool:

·
Registered
567 Posts
kscoyote said:
You're the one who challenged ME! I'm willing to race you for pinkslips!! I have NO PROBLEM with putting my car against yours!! If I win, I get yours -and I already have an engine ready to go to the next level for my car, -if you win, you get a car with a destroyed engine and possibly transmission -sounds fair to me!

:laughlitt :laughlitt :laughlitt

:cool:
I dont remember challenging anybody, except for the guy that call me a moron... I challenge him to say it in front of my face......Obviously he didnt take it, cuz i wouldve put alot of hurt on his a$$. Believe that!!!!
I dont call nobody out, you did.......Your the one that talks alot of crap. Putting people down like your sh!t dont stink....... I gotta say, you sir is one cocky a$$ m********.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
I dont remember challenging anybody, except for the guy that call me a moron... I challenge him to say it in front of my face......Obviously he didnt take it, cuz i wouldve put alot of hurt on his a$$. Believe that!!!!
I dont call nobody out, you did.......Your the one that talks alot of crap. Putting people down like your sh!t dont stink....... I gotta say, you sir is one cocky a$$ m********.
Er, didn't you name your car "coyote killer" or something threatening like that, and almost get banned?

1 - 20 of 273 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.