Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a Axle back exhaust for my 2010 V6. I do my service at the dealer considering its pretty cheap for tire rotation, oil change ect. Would it be necessary to replace the axle back back to stock every time I take it for service or do you think they wouldn't care/notice?

·
Registered
915 Posts
The best bet you have is to contact your dealer and ask. The axle back does not really effect car performance. Its more of a sound thing so it shouldn't matter. If you do it and do bring it in, just be honest about it and tell them it's there. Most dealers will be okay with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have axlebacks and brought in in to the dealer for an oil change a month ago. Dealer didn't mention anything. They did seem a little skeptical and took a suspicious look under my hood.

Best bet is to just be honest about it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
With the help of SEMA this was put into law back in the day, it's just a small part of the law but you get the idea.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975, an automotive dealership/carmaker cannot void your warranty because your vehicle has been modified with aftermarket parts. They (the manufacturers) have to prove that the failure was the direct result of the installed aftermarket part.

Hope this helps some.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
for service you are paying for? Why would they care? It's the warranty work that might raise some eyebrows

·
Registered
968 Posts
They shouldnt care, it wont affect anything else but sound.

I dont mean to jack this thread but I have a similar question. I know if you have an axle-back the dealer wont care too much, but what about an O/R X? I know it wouldnt affect the car's performance since I'd have a tune to eliminate the O2 sensors, but would they be suspicious because I'd have to eliminate the O2 sensors with a tune, thus thinking I could perhaps be running with a tune? Or think that I'm just running around with the CEL going off?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, my dealers a bit weird thou. I was talking to one of the maintenance managers and asked him if a diff muffler would void warranty. Of course he said yes(which I know is BS). But the dealer is a roush and saleen authorized dealer. You would think they would be super flexible with mods.

F

·
0 Posts
Yeah, my dealers a bit weird thou. I was talking to one of the maintenance managers and asked him if a diff muffler would void warranty. Of course he said yes(which I know is BS). But the dealer is a roush and saleen authorized dealer. You would think they would be super flexible with mods.
Hello Kyoteing,

Aftermarket parts will not automatically void any of your warranties. However, if they cause a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info.

Deysha

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
when you say "axel back exhaust" do you mean a single aftermarket or duals?
If it's either it sould'nt matter no matter what they try and tell you.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I proudly bring my stang in with her loud ass exhaust. They never mentioned it at all. But my warranty expired ages ago, so Im just paying them for required work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I really like the sound from the FRPP true dual exhaust, I was gonna get that and have the dealer install so there would be no problems with warranty. Hopefully they agree :p Do you know if you have dealer install if you bring them the part or you have the get it and you just pay?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*if you have them get it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts