Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was wondering what type of fan can i use cuz i have access to a 96 Probe GT with dual fan's i know that car only uses one fan and the other for over heating so i was wondering if i could use that dual fan set up but just run both fans at the same time? would this work?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
So i was wondering what type of fan can i use cuz i have access to a 96 Probe GT with dual fan's i know that car only uses one fan and the other for over heating so i was wondering if i could use that dual fan set up but just run both fans at the same time? would this work?
Yeah it'll work. First off, you'll need to connect the wires from each of the two fans together to form one. Next, I'd wire the fan into your ignition's "on" wire or you can install a switch on your dash by your ignition and get a little more control over it. You could even keep the fan wires separate and get a 3 way multi switch "1 2 3" = "off, 1 fan on, both fans on". Lots of possibilities.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You just rewire it like he mentioned and it should work.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was just wondering if that dual fan from the probe will cool it enough

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
well i was just wondering if that dual fan from the probe will cool it enough
Yeah it should. Now that I think about it, wire both fans together and run them at the same time, all the time (wire it into your ignition).

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i was planning on i can get it for 20$

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have a '99 Contour SVT dual fan, (fit like a glove to radiator and the DC Controller. It starts fan slowly and shuts down slowly with no spikes to elec system. It is also fully adjustable. Best thing I bought for car.

Now serving

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea guess i will do that i would think 2 fan's would cool her down wonder what the cfm is on the probe fan's

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hummm think i should just go with a mark 8 fan then since they out 4500 cfm on high

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are pics of my fan set-up
that looks like a sho fan what about Taurus fan i can get one of them cheap and there are no mark 8s at the junker but there are taurus's i heard there just as good as the mark 8?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
that looks like a sho fan what about Taurus fan i can get one of them cheap and there are no mark 8s at the junker but there are taurus's i heard there just as good as the mark 8?

If I remember correctly the Taurus fan just covers the radiator w/ the fan itself. My fan has a shroud to help air flow. In my application the extra airflow was needed. I can let it sit all day w/ air on and not overheat. 180* thermostat.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya when my hood is shut and im in line at the track my temp will goe sup to 205 with the 180* stat and im doing alot more work so i want serious cooling power

1 - 15 of 15 Posts