Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres the deal, im building my motor, but using the stock BLOCK not pistons and such, just the block alone. ive been told it can handle 500whp roughly before it breaks. has anyone gone higher than those numbers with block guards and such? what should i do to give her some strength...and dont tell me get a new block cause thats the easy way out. ive been gettin let down lately by this forum and it kinda sucks cause i used to surf here a lot. stupid answers and little info doesnt do much for me. and dont tell me to search cause searchin blows.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I heard it will only handle 400....The only thing about trying to use the stock block on a super motor...If and when it comes apart; you risk losing all the money you put into the rebuild..push rods; pistons, cam....I'm going thru the same delimna...With the amount of juice i wan to put to mine...i'm gonna save for the R block...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not to say your wrong, but ive heard from numerous ppl its about 5-550hp. 2 friends have the trickflow top end (same as mine) one is running nitrous and makes 402 on the bottle with spark blowout up top and a misfire in cyl 7 due to a bad wire. the other is running 7 pounds of boost out of a vortech. although he has yet to dyno, i would not be suprised if he was at or close to 400hp. both vehicles are daily driven and not babyed. my goal is 450 n/a and maybe a 100 wet shot here and there. have u heard of block guards and such for the 302? thanks again

·
Registered
192 Posts
Really it depends on how far you are gonna take your car...The stock block is very limited...I'm telling you...You go and spend 1800 dollars building it and it comes apart..you will have wasted that money...A friend of mine did the same thing..He took the stock block..bored it out..Put all teh bells and whistles on it..Spent all this money...Got up to the line..over reved it; and a push rod broke of course sending metal chunks everywhere....Screwed his pistons, cam and his oil pump...Now he has to start all over...

On teh other hand..You may do just fine..when you start throwing a hundred shot on it; you get into other matters...Have you upgraded your cooling system?..A engine hit with nitrous gets hot very fast...Have you upgraded your fuels system?...With the bigger heads and the increased nitrous; you will starve it...All the peices it takes to put together a street demon can leave you stranded if you you skimp in the wrong places....Goodluck with your build....Btw...When asking for free info...Try asking a little nicer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.