Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
squidd,
You have posted some interesting and informative information. I am not arguing ANY of your points. Could you elaborate on the above quote. Speaking of TVS blowers only, do they need to be rebuilt @20-25K miles? Why? What fails? Are you talking about spininng the blower at speeds in base kits offered by Edelbrock and Roush? Like the OP, I am planning on SC my '06 4.6. I THINK I want a Roush (Brenspeed's 520 or 560 package - I can't decide). I like the DOB idea too. While I can't say that I asked specifically when I spoke to Brenspeed, I can say I got the impression that the blower will not need to be rebuilt for twice the miles that you describe.
Thanks for the help.

i dont think sqidd meant the TVS blowers. I have heard of them easily going 100k with no issues.

i dont think sqidd meant the TVS blowers. I have heard of them easily going 100k with no issues.
Of course it depends on how fast you are spinning the blower. But it seems that a TVS will last about 75K miles if kept under 14,000rpm (blower speed). When you start planning around with spinning the blower faster than that the service intervals will increase at an exponential rate.

If the blower is spinning 18K RPM (maximum recommended RPM) I wouldn’t expect to get more than 25-30K out of them.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Of course it depends on how fast you are spinning the blower. But it seems that a TVS will last about 75K miles if kept under 14,000rpm (blower speed). When you start planning around with spinning the blower faster than that the service intervals will increase at an exponential rate.

If the blower is spinning 18K RPM (maximum recommended RPM) I wouldn’t expect to get more than 25-30K out of them.
Hey. I have a question. How can I make my gt handle 500+ safly. What changes to the engine is a must?

Hey. I have a question. How can I make my gt handle 500+ safly. What changes to the engine is a must?
Forged pistons

Forged rods

You can run the stock crank up to 600hp

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.