Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am interesting in converting my 2000 mustang v6 to dual exhuast. however, i do not want to spend anywhere near $600. i have heard you can purchase the gt take off's with all parts needed for around $200-250. is this true? and will this be a good investment?
also how is the sound with the gt takeoffs? will it be a noticable difference?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
da9k1ne said:
i am interesting in converting my 2000 mustang v6 to dual exhuast. however, i do not want to spend anywhere near $600. i have heard you can purchase the gt take off's with all parts needed for around $200-250. is this true? and will this be a good investment?
also how is the sound with the gt takeoffs? will it be a noticable difference?
yeah, around $100 for the takeoffs, 75 for a pacesetter or mac adapter, and installation will depend on where you go.

It's the most cost effective, though you should install some reducers aft of the h-pipe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where am i able to find the gt takeoff's...i searched all over google.com and came up with nothing....do you know of any websites that sell these? also where am i able to find all the other parts i would need?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
da9k1ne said:
where am i able to find the gt takeoff's...i searched all over google.com and came up with nothing....do you know of any websites that sell these? also where am i able to find all the other parts i would need?
It's been a while, but your best bet is to call Saleen, etc, and see where they send their takeoffs. Stangparts.com is another resource, but they've been raising prices as more sixers start to mod their cars.

The best place is your local salvage yard, or muffler shops. Some people have gotten 'em for $35.00-$50.00 at local places.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.