Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need help I have 89 Ford mustang gt need help on a 5lug convertion I have a 96 gt complete rear end can I use part or will it work as a swap I want to use 03 cobra rims

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Let me move this to the 5.0 section and see if we can get you some help.
Thanks for joining!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You can swap the axles and brake parts to your existing housing or swap the entire rear axle assembly. Choice is yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can swap the axles and brake parts to your existing housing or swap the entire rear axle assembly. Choice is yours.
I saw pictures of your car it looks nice those are the rims I whant what set up did u use.did you upgrade the master cilinder?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Thanks. Rear axle came from a '98 GT. Used a master cylinder from an '85 Lincoln Towncar. You'll want to use one from a '93 Cobra or '94-95 V6/GT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Rear axle came from a '98 GT. Used a master cylinder from an '85 Lincoln Towncar. You'll want to use one from a '93 Cobra or '94-95 V6/GT.

thanks for the info.is the 93 cobra a bolt on part or do i need to do any modificatins i saw it at latemodelrestoration for $93.00 is that all i will need? and thanks again:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You could probably do the '94-95 m/c cheaper. Either should just bolt on. You're also going to need to gut your stock proportioning valve, install an adjustable proportioning valve, and get the proper parking brake cables. You can do a search here on the forum for "brake swap" for specifics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could probably do the '94-95 m/c cheaper. Either should just bolt on. You're also going to need to gut your stock proportioning valve, install an adjustable proportioning valve, and get the proper parking brake cables. You can do a search here on the forum for "brake swap" for specifics.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my ques:bigthumbsuptions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts