Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Black Mustang Lemans Stripes and now I plan on getting them professionally installed. I'm just puzzled about how much it really takes to get these put on. So far I'v gotten 4 estimates at the Ford Dealer, Audio Excellence, and 2 small vinyl shops that do tint and body skins. (I'm in Orlando, Florida by the way.)

Pricing

1. Ford: $250
  2. Audio Excellence: Starting-$386 Haggled-$186 (after tax) Charged per hour.
  3. Shop 1: Starting-$350 Haggled-$180
  4. Shop 2: Starting-$200 Haggled-$175
Are these prices right? Have you had a cheaper but good job done? Any local recommendations? Good base price?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :bigthumbsup

Quick Note!: Should I do the whole front and back bumper, or stop at the hood and third brake light? I have Blackout Panel on the trunk lid so I don't plan on doing the trunk lid. Or should I take off the Black Out panel and have them do it all and put it back on if I want. Hope this made sence :laughlitt

·
Registered
391 Posts
First off, i had mine professionally done for $340, that was him ordering the stripes and laying them. I believe bumper to bumper looks best imho. And i would go ahead and stripe behind the blackout, then make your decision.
Here's how mine turned out..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Seems like a fair price to me. Takes a few hours of labor to do.

Or you could just buy a bunch of 7 year vinyl from a supply place like Sign Warehouse and install it yourself. That's what I did.

It's at least as good if not better quality vinyl than what you get from a stripe company.

It's pretty inexpensive and you could mess up a few times and it would still be cheaper than a set of ready made stripes.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah I think you should do the bumpers. I don't have my front one done and as soon as I find a site that will sell me 10" with a pin stripe, I may try and do it myself. I've looked everywhere and can't find the right kind. I may go to a shop and see if they can find it, and if they can, just have them put it on.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It is time consuming if done right. It's not hard to do and if you have a garage and a friend that can be an extra set of hands you could do it yourself.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had mine done for 250, however there were a few small imperfections here and there, things only I would notice but still. The guys was a local "sign" guy who installed signs and decals on cars. You should be able to get a nice job done for under 300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.