Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 03 cobra last monday went to the track tonight and had some questions.
1.What can i do about the wheel hop?
2. If i run a 4lb pully what programmer do you all suggest?
3.What a normal 1/4 mile time for a stock cobra (no mods)?
4. How big of a pully can i run safely?
any input is appriciated.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
With a really good driver and good track conditions an 03-04 Cobra can go 12.9 in the quarter mile. The new SCT Excalibrator 2 is about the hottest programmer out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
steve75 said:
I just bought my 03 cobra last monday went to the track tonight and had some questions.
1.What can i do about the wheel hop?STICKY TIRES
2. If i run a 4lb pully what programmer do you all suggest?X CALIBRATOR OR PREDATOR
3.What a normal 1/4 mile time for a stock cobra (no mods)?MID TO HIGH 12'S DEPENDING ON MANY THINGS
4. How big of a pully can i run safely?DEPENDS ON YOUR UPPER
good luck with your new ride, have fun:thumbsup

·
Registered
295 Posts
steve75 said:
1.What can i do about the wheel hop?
2. If i run a 4lb pully what programmer do you all suggest?
3.What a normal 1/4 mile time for a stock cobra (no mods)?
4. How big of a pully can i run safely?
i have a 04 cobra with the following mods. 2.8 pulley,aux idler pulley,all new idler pulleys,95mm c&l mass air meter,k&n filter,flowmasters,diablosport predator.i don't know about you but i hated the stock shifter so i installed a steeda comfort grip shifter handle.it doesn't replace the entire shifter just the handle.it really helped.it puts the shifter in perfect reach.my cobra is my daily driver and runs just fine with the 2.8 pulley.as far as tuners go i like either the diablosport or superchips,but to be honest you probably can't really go wrong.the main reason i use diablosport is because a local drag racer used it my 02 gt and i just stuck with it.he has won the mod motor class 3 out of the last 4 years, so i tend to trust his opinion.i don't how much you want spend but slp offers a package that gives you 575 hp.then there is a web site www.rpmoutlet.com that has some really good package deals with very reasonable prices.one last thing once you change pulleys better budget for new tires and speeding tickets.:laughlitt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.