Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a college student with a 66 inline 6 coupe. almost finished restoring, just has a sag in the back, replaced the suspension and a few guys told me i need new leaf springs. after looking around, i noticed ebay has whole kits for around 300 dollars with shipping, which is cheaper than buying all the parts separate. but its hard to trust ebay stuff. i want a standard height in the back, but dont know whether to get a 5 leaf mid eye, or a 4 leaf mid eye? which one would give me the standard hieight. or what is the better kind? or if u guys have any other suggestions regarding this topic i would appreciate it. thank you so much....

·
Registered
850 Posts
After reading your post, please tell me you are not an English major! Just kidding! Your post was typed in "Chat Room" style, which is difficult for us old timers to process.

VirginianClassicMustang.com has new original style leaf springs for your car for $115 a set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The ones from Virginia mustang are 115 for a pair of 4 leaf standard eye, which would be the stock height. The only thing is i dont thinkits a kit, and you wont get new bolts, or bushings you would have to buy them seperate. By the time your done ordering all new parts ans shipping your better off spending money on a kit.

Mustang Plus.com has different types of leaf springs. I just bought the 4 1/2 leaf standard eye spring kit. It has new bolts, bushings, everything. By the time they kill you with the overwight shipping costs it came to 250.

Number of leafs deals with the ride comfort. The different types of eyes deal with ride height.

Standard eys is stock height maybe a little higher.
Mid eye i think lowers it 1 in under stock height.
Reverse eye lowers 2 in under stock height

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.