Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just traded in my 12 v6 for a base 2015 5.0. My question is: Ive been reading where the performance packs have switchable driving modes, like track, sport etc. What "mode" if you will is the base model in? Like is it always in the equivalent of sport mode where nothing is held back?

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Not sure, but I would assume the default is "all nannies full on" to protect you from yourself, or actually to protect Ford motor company from yourself.

(if they give you enough rope to hang yourself, then they can be held liable when you do it)

Doesn't the base model at least have a control to turn traction control and stability control off?

·
Registered
571 Posts
So i just traded in my 12 v6 for a base 2015 5.0. My question is: Ive been reading where the performance packs have switchable driving modes, like track, sport etc. What "mode" if you will is the base model in? Like is it always in the equivalent of sport mode where nothing is held back?
Hello tnclutch,

I have a 2015 Base GT with PP and the only thing you can adjust is the steering. The premium package adds in the selectable drive modes that change throttle sensitivity and traction control settings. Base model has the "normal" drive mode I believe.

Not sure, but I would assume the default is "all nannies full on" to protect you from yourself, or actually to protect Ford motor company from yourself.

(if they give you enough rope to hang yourself, then they can be held liable when you do it)

Doesn't the base model at least have a control to turn traction control and stability control off?
Yes I can turn traction and stability control off. :)

You can play with it by just turning traction control off and keeping stability control on. Gives you some fun with a "safe net" if things get too wild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts