Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an ARP engine bolt kit. It said it's for the carburetor motor. I have fuel injection. The only difference would be the intake bolts right??? The water pump and exhaust bolts and all the rest of it would fit wouldnt it? I just thought of that after I hung up the phone... haha

R

·
0 Posts
I just ordered an ARP engine bolt kit. It said it's for the carburetor motor. I have fuel injection. The only difference would be the intake bolts right??? The water pump and exhaust bolts and all the rest of it would fit wouldnt it? I just thought of that after I hung up the phone... haha
you will be fine everything else is the same.....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHEW.... I can sleep easy tonight.

ThAnK yOu ReGgIe

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The lower intake bolts will work but the timing chain cover bolt on mine were too short, I made the same mistake, the guys at arp said that I could just measure the bolt size I need and send the bolt I couldn't use back and they would replace them with the new ones. They make a kit specifically for the efi 5.0's though. I'll try to find the part number for you. EDIT: mine that I bought were for the 289/302 so maybe they were different? I'm still looking for the part number.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I can't find it even on their website, if I'm not mistaken shakerhood knows the part number for sure because I got it from one of his posts almost a year ago, you could try calling ARP and asking them too.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll just use what I can from the kit, then order studs for everything that doesn't turn out good. Thanks everybody!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.