Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm planning on putting Roush rear springs on when I do rims to try and eliminate some of the gap between the wheel and the rear fender... it seems like a fairly straightforward install, but will i need a lift or can it been done with some jackstands and a jack in the garage?

also, is this a mod you would recommend? I don't want to lower the front right now because I have to be careful enough as is and have seen my friends with lowered 'stangs scrape all too often... but I also don't want the car to look like it sits low in the rear. I haven't really seen too many photos of this mod installed, so if you have pix PLEASE POST THEM :) also since the Roush rears have such a mild drop, will an adjustable panhard bar be necessary right away or can I wait on that?

thanks- Garrett

btw- It looks like I'll be getting chrome American Racing Rogue wheels in 20x8.5.... if anyone has pix of these wheels let's see 'em! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Yes you can do it in your garage. As for the panhard bar, take a string and hang it off the fender in the center of the wheel and measure the distance form the tire to the string on both sides. Install the springs and put it back on the ground and re-measure it. Keep in mind it will take a week or so of driving for the springs settle to where they will stay. If its not centered then yes you will need a adjustable panhard bar.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also are LCAs/LCA-relocation brackets needed?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
also are LCAs/LCA-relocation brackets needed?
No, I ran mine without the LCA's and brackets for a while with no issues.
Pinion angle was ok also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stoenr thanks for the info, I was hoping you'd chime in here ;)

the car looks good in that pic, some photos that i've seen make it look like it sits low in the rear, but yours looks good... is the ride still nice, or is it noticeably stiffer in the back?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Thanks. You could tell it was a little stiffer in the rear over the dips, but I think it was an improvement overall. Shes got the Eibach prokit on all 4 corners now tho.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I installed a complete Roush suspension kit on my car (look at my avatar) it doesn't come with a panhard bar. I haven't had any problems with handling. If you were to use kit whick lowered it more, yeah maybe then you may need a new panhard bar. The full Roush kit is the way to go, the new sway bars eliminate understeer. One word of advice to nayone who installs new sway bars...forget the grease the manufacture gives you, my sway bar links start making noise after about a year. I use a full synthectic grease (red in color) haven't had the noise come back in over two years.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I ordered the Roush rear springs today from Stage3... putting down the deposit for the wheels and tires tomorrow :) yay finally!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Put the Roush rear springs on a few months ago. Looks a lot better with the front/back fender well/wheel gap the same. Definitely consider the adjustable pan hard bar to center the axle, as mine was off a little after installing the springs.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
flastang, do you have any pics of your car with the springs installed?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
just make sure you weld your relocation bracket in :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea tached, fosh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.