Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Mine is on the lower part of the tank on the passenger side. If you cant find it just pop the lower hose off instead.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Maybe someone changed or modified yours...the hose idea is the "quick way" to drain the radiator...cold of course

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
0 ya, its a 94 5.0. so on passenger lower side?

:headscratch: Uh didnt know it was a '94 . Just look on the bottom of the tank on both sides. If you cant see it from the top then crawl under and have a look. Its there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i found it and it was different then any other i have seen. i had to jack it up to see it and when i seen it i had second thoughts on if that was it or not lol. i took it off it was a 16mm plastic nut. and nothing came out the radiator was gunked up really bad!

ok, i see they plugged the skinny hose coming from the cap to the reservoir and took the reservoir complete out. is that ok? its only thr radiator now.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
0 && i seen some hoses comming from the radiator like automatic tranny cooling hoses? why would a standard have these? i think theirs 2.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Sounds like someone's changed some things. Follow those lines and see where they go.

·
Registered
547 Posts
no, manual tranny's do not have a fluid pump in them so unless someone went through the trouble of drilling and tapping the case running an inline pump and lines there is no such thing, and what i just said is crazy i dont think anyone would do that

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont think so either lol ^^^ i guess ill find out cause i gotta pull the tranny anyways. the pilot bearing is making noises.

·
Registered
200 Posts
does the car have a/c if so it could be the condensor dout you have trans cooler

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
the hoses for the power steering pump run up in front of the radiator and look like they actually go into the radiator.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, i got a question guys, i know this isn't the tech section but all well lol.

Ok, My coolant was so nasty when i flushed it the drain plug was clogged and i had to let the motor idle untill it built up enough pressure to burst the trash out the way. now it is all freash and it seems like im not getting any pressure. the hose used to get hard is hell when i drive it now it just gets hot and not any pressure.

Is this good or bad? i replaced the radiator cap thinking that was the problem. but wasn't.

Also, i sometimes get a jumpy idle a little bit. and never got that before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.