Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for new tires for my stang. its a dd and im looking into getting some nittos. i would like your input in what tires u have and what would u recommend over the oem tires.:scratchchin

thanx appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have nitto 555r dr and I don't like them. They are good tires for the street but not the strip.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i have heard that the nitto tires are no good for the track

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i wouldnt get 555 radials get the 555rs or w.e they are.. they last more than 15k miles.

edit: then again the guy threw in a set of 275/40 fuzion ZRis in with my car when i bought it and i have no complaints :)

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
What's wrong with Nitto 555 radials? Their Awesome, they do wear out quicker but This hobby aint cheap! My last rear set lasted 10K!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have Toyo Proxes 4's and i love them... good all around all seasonal tire.... really good in rain ... and god knows we get lots of it.... but I doubt you need that in LA, lol! Now that I think of it Im prolly not of much help cuz the only tires I have experience with is all seasonal's.... which im guessing you dont need in LA!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no summer tires here in LA i just want to know what tires are good for dd. and if nitto whcich ones????

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about other brands and how do they caompare to the oem tires?

·
Registered
558 Posts
yokohama s drives is what i have on my GT. they look good and have survived about 4000 miles of squeeling and burnouts and still have plenty of tread left. :hihi:

·
Registered
144 Posts
+1 Nitto 555 radials. Had mine for about 3400 miles and i go to the track regularly and they hold up just fine, lots of tread that should be lasting a good while longer. :bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.