Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like opinions on which one of the quick waxes does a great job. I was looking at the new Turtle wax extreme. Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
JerryP said:
I would like opinions on which one of the quick waxes does a great job. I was looking at the new Turtle wax extreme. Thanks in advance.:)
I like Mcquires NXT line. It leaves it feeling slicker than snail snot.

·
Registered
239 Posts
McGuire's new NXT spray-on is definitely good stuff. The teflon based product sprays on and wipes off easily leaving a great shine and finish.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I bought some of this Eagle 1 Wax-as-you-dry spray on. I don't like it! Used it once and will now change to Maguires until I can afford the Zaino Kit.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I heartily second (fifth?) all the above posts...the Meguiar's NXT is definitely the scheise...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been doing car shows for about five years now and the easiest and best that I have for my show car is Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax...if you apply this once every few months you can just use the Meguiar's Quik Wax in between the NXT works great but if you live where it rains alot or if your paint needs treated in wears off quiker, But I would only stik to Meguiar's all of their stuff is the best....

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I have found the new turtle wax ultra gloss series to be one of the easiest to use most durable waxes I have just ordered Zaino in hopes of finding something better. I have tried nearly every product in my six years of detailing cars.
...just my .02

·
Registered
208 Posts
JerryP said:
I have tried almost all..from the new platinum turle wax to zaino's to meguiars.. and I must say the easiest... is by far Adam's polish.. that stuff copmes off soo freakin easy.. you can put it on in direct sun and leave it there and it wipes off crazy easy and with hadly any residue like some of that others.. u should try it

·
Registered
12 Posts
The other waxes do sound good and at the my last show this guy (who was obessed with his corvette) said about Zano I seen pictures of it before when he used Meguiar's and the car looked great and sat under the Meguiar tent now he uses that and his car has many swirls and scratches. His car has black paint and never driven. So I'm not sure if it was the wax or what! AND my boyfriend was a turtle wax freak when we met 5 years ago and he used Meguiar's once and has been hooked since.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Adam's Polish?

Never heard or seen Adam's Polish. If it comes off really easy, how well does it hold up? Is it a wax or polish and does it contain natural or synthetic ingredients (i.e. carnuba wax vs. teflon)?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Get some Fukken Wax!

Then of course there is the most fun wax to pronounce, Fukken Wax!

My friend is a detailer and I saw it in action. Great stuff. Not sure about price or availablility, though.

http://www.fastwax.com/Welcome.html

Just get some Fukken Wax!

·
Registered
208 Posts
MGPony said:
Never heard or seen Adam's Polish. If it comes off really easy, how well does it hold up? Is it a wax or polish and does it contain natural or synthetic ingredients (i.e. carnuba wax vs. teflon)?
its a carnuba based wax... the shine is really nice and like i siad.. buffing it is so freaking easy... i read aboiut them in one of the zaino forums...

·
Registered
56 Posts
ssoss said:
Then of course there is the most fun wax to pronounce, Fukken Wax!

My friend is a detailer and I saw it in action. Great stuff. Not sure about price or availablility, though.

http://www.fastwax.com/Welcome.html

Just get some Fukken Wax!
Fukken wax is no good. I bought one can and applied to half of the trunk lid in my car (the other half I used Menard which is a 3 step but it rocks) Actually the fukken wax dulled the paint compared to the other half.

I used Mcguiar products and they are excellent. I use the quick wax between the Menard applications with good results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts