Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford Mustang GT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2014 GT with an aftermarket exhaust. The current exhaust is too loud for my taste and would like to find a different setup that provides improved performance and a good, deep sound without being overly loud. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
4,445 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Do your research and listen to exhaust systems before you purchase. Car shows and local mustang groups would be one way to start before you purchase. I ran a Ford Performance cat-back system on my 2007. They are manufactured by BORLA. I exchange loud aftermarket exhausts on my current 2006 GT for OEM. I like the sound.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Dragon Tail Master
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,579 Posts
I just purchased a 2014 GT with an aftermarket exhaust. The current exhaust is too loud for my taste and would like to find a different setup that provides improved performance and a good, deep sound without being overly loud. Any suggestions?
If you you think you get improved performance out of just an Exhaust keep thinking. The only way to get extra performance out of an exhaust is to start with the headers and work your way back.
Also is your exhaust now just axle backs or does it have what ever exhausts over the axle pipes on it also?
I would do as huberoy123 said and ask someone with the sound you are looking for what they are running.

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
yeah don't worry about performance at all, because they won't make any difference; just shop by sound . . . and the on-line sound clips can help but usually don't capture the real sound

I think the GT500 axle-backs is still one of the most popular choices

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
You could always to back to OEM exhaust, many of them are quieter than aftermarket systems, which is why many mustang owners go to aftermarket, they want it to sound like a mustang.........

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll second the recommendation of Ford Performance GT500 axle backs. They have nice tone and no drone. They are also much cheaper than the big names.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts