Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OCT 23 at Tim Hortons on King George Road in food basics plaza across from esso station
if you can make it,it would be nice to whos coming so, post it on here or e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll be there if it's not raining. What time are we suppose to meet?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
time

probabally 12:00 noon till whenever

·
Registered
93 Posts
GoGreen's good to go

I'll see you guys down there.
Paul

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whiplash-GT said:
sounds good to me..

can ya hook us up with a map?? :D
i'll be coming along the 403 from the east

What you will want to do is take the 403 Thru Hamilton... it will go into brantford... Take the King George Exit off... This will take you to Fairview Street... You will want to take a Left until you get to the lights at Fairview and King George Rd. ... Turn Right on King George Rd.

Follow this up to the corner of Kent Road and King Geoge Road... There is a Food Basics Plaza on the right... This is also the same plaza that the Tim Hortons is in... This is the Spot...

It sucks tho cuz although my XR4 is far from a Mustang... I wont even be able to attend with my Merkur... I will be the one driving a POS Hyundai... If I can get out at all... LOL

·
Registered
214 Posts
it's your meet, you have to show
even if it means stealing your sister's pink bicycle with the basket on it :D

thanx for the directions :)
will be there!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
turboeeyore said:
What you will want to do is take the 403 Thru Hamilton... it will go into brantford... Take the King George Exit off... This will take you to Fairview Street... You will want to take a Left until you get to the lights at Fairview and King George Rd. ... Turn Right on King George Rd.

Follow this up to the corner of Kent Road and King Geoge Road... There is a Food Basics Plaza on the right... This is also the same plaza that the Tim Hortons is in... This is the Spot...

It sucks tho cuz although my XR4 is far from a Mustang... I wont even be able to attend with my Merkur... I will be the one driving a POS Hyundai... If I can get out at all... LOL
LOL, Sorry for the Confusion... Chris was chillin at my house and logged into my Computer.... When I posted this I never realized I was still logged into his Acct. My Bad. LOL

Whiplash-GT said:
it's your meet, you have to show
even if it means stealing your sister's pink bicycle with the basket on it :D

thanx for the directions :)
will be there!!
And how did you know bout my sisters bike anyhow... :kooky: :kooky: :kooky:

I myself am the 2.3L Turbo Freak that Chris knows... If I dont know it... I have Infinite resources to find out what ou want to know... Muahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

My Merkur is sleeping... and my hyundai wishes it could fill its shoes... but alas... it is far from it and it will never be close to it...

Hope to see ev1 there.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sunday! sunday! sunday!

i just want everyone to know(those that didn't come to the first meet) that this is only our second meeting and if anyone has to come from out of town a good distance i dont want anyone to get dissapointed if they get here and theres only 4 cars here. we need to get members to show up so we can figure out what we want to do with this group and how often we meet. so come for a coffee and enjoy the drive hope to see you there also if anyone has friends that are coming get them on allfordmustangs to let me know who' s coming i'd like to do a head count when they all arrive.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lxr4ti

you will all probabally hear from lxr4ti alot he's my best friend here in brantford and he helps me with all my projects so if you cant find me;talk to him, he's on here more than i am.

·
Registered
214 Posts
well if you guys don't mind a mix i might be able to get a couple of others to make the trip..
tho if you'd prefer to keep it all FoMoCo i understand

i've hung with a diverse crowd over the past 30 or so years, everything from the early t-birds as a kid to "friendly" bike clubs to the tuners of late...to me it ain't so much about the car persay as the common thread between the people..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Whiplash-GT said:
...to me it ain't so much about the car persay as the common thread between the people..
Well... See... I myself Have NO problem with other cars... It the Attitude portrayed by the Owners...

I go to Merkur Meets... no one beats up on Saab or Subaru Owners... so if we got others willing to honour and respect opinions of others??? ... The more the merrier! IMHO... if in the spring/summer i bring my XR4 to a meet or two... it not a Mustang... So... :kooky: Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Cheers... See Everyone there if I make it...

·
Registered
214 Posts
sorry to have to do this guys, but have to bail this one..
forgot about the auction at the international center, the wife says i have to take her shopping for a '67

for sure the next one tho (i won't be scared off by the smell of snow in the future :D )

peace
Marty

·
Registered
69 Posts
rain!!!!!!!!

if it rains i dont expect anyone to show up but i will be there, so dont worry if you cant make it,we'll meet in spring and have 50 plus members,then we'll cruise brantford and get noticed.if anyone knows where i can get a 8.8 rear end trac-loc i would be intrested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed in your post that you had a 88 mustang 2.3L, I have just broken the timing belt on mine. We replaced it but I cannot find how to line up the marks on the gears (I am far from experienced). If you could suggest where I might find info (preferably with pictures) I could sure use the help. Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well if the weather holds out I will be there. If we have rain...maybe not. Hopefully we will get a couple hours of sunshine. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Brantford! See you there!

·
Registered
65 Posts
GirlNextDoor said:
Well if the weather holds out I will be there. If we have rain...maybe not. Hopefully we will get a couple hours of sunshine. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Brantford! See you there!
Well, they were calling for rain earlier today but now I see they're just saying cloudy now for Sunday. If that's the case, I will be there for 12 noon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
timing belt

put your timing belt cover back on and run the crank till the groove in the pulley lines up with 0 degrees on the timing marks. then pull #1 spark plug and stick a screwdriver in the hole making sure that the piston is at top dead centre(there are 2 tdc's one wont line up with the timing marks on the crank) then take the distibutor cap off and spin the timing sprocket for the distributor to make the rotor line up with #1 cylinder wire(the cap should be marked with a 1 so make sure the #1 plug wire is on that position) then line up the cam gear (marked with an arrow) downwards to the plastic 3 lined marker. position the arrow one notch to the right of the middle marker. when your done tightning the belt remember you must loosen your distributor and re time the engine using a timing light. also if you notice a high loss in power or acceleration, you may have to move the belt a tooth forward or back because the cam marker is plastic it isn't very accurate.

1) top sprocket -cam
2)right sprocket-distributor
3)bottom sprocket-crank

i have no pic's online but if you pick up a haynes manual from canadian tire,it'll be in there. hope this helps.ps if this car is a 1991 or newer its different cause of dis ignition.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
next year

seeing's how we only get 4 people at a time to show up were going to postpone ALL meeting untill next year so everyone can relax till the snow is gone.also i will plan the next one a month in advance so everyone can attend. so this is the time to get all the stang owners you can find and get them on here so we can see how this group will do. also i have plans for summer to have a barbaque for all members so i need to know if my backyard is big enough. lets plan ahead people.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts