Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well . . it was a long and fairly hot weekend at Fun Ford Weekend. I placed runner up in the Open Comp class. The race came down to the light. My opponent cut a .041 light to my, rather poor, .131 . . . so I gave up almost a 10th of a second on the light. I closed the gap a bit, being a little closer to my dial in, but ended up losing by .063. It was a close race, and a good race.

I feel pretty good about getting to the finals, because I was the only street car in the competition and the only convertible. I'm pretty sure that I'm the first vert ever to get to the finals in the Open Comp class.

All in all a good weekend. I made a little money, but missed out on some contingency sponsor money I could have had if I knew to put stickers on my car . . lol. It's all a learning curve.

I also went 12.743 at 109.72 this morning, for my fastest pass ever. All in all, I had a blast!!! I'll post some pics from the race in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Good Job!

*JEB uses Jedi Mind trick*

ÖYou will come to Tampa and enjoy modding my 'Stang...It will make you feel good, adding a S/C, CAI, tune, and SLP loudmouths at no cost to JEBÖ

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, JEB . . . sorry, I was distracted . . . . I was looking on Travelocity for a ticket to Tampa . . .:winks

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yes, I know....

Seriously though, how long have you been running with that configuration?

From your mod list, I don't see a whole lot more that you can do without spending serious$$$$$$$ (built engine and such.)

That is one SMOKING vert dude!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The build has been over the last couple of months. I started building in August. This weekend was my first time out with the new blower pulley and new rear suspension and gears. I'm looking to do a motor soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.