Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me and my buddie he has the 2006 stock GTO finally made it to the local track thursday night,we did three runs,i got three wins the first two runs i got him straight up,the third race he would have won but he red lighted and i spun the tires 1,2,gear.i only have Air Raid cai,axle back mufflers so far.my best run was 13.93 at 106.69 mph,i got to work on the reaction time.it was his first time ever at track, he had very bad reaction times,worse than mine.only my second time at the track .we are going to get down there at least two times a month and keep track of the wins till the end of the season.should be a fun year,let more modding begin.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i read that the new 5.0 was good for a 12.6 stock. so does this mean a 12.6 with slicks and a pro driver ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
btw i had my 90lx 5.0 at the track last sunday and laid down a10.65 with a 1.5 60ft time .an ya its far from stock but its still my daily driver

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nice kills!
Keep at it. More practice will go a long way.
Looks like you and your bud had a fun time.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Great way to "pass" some time in the summer. Nice job. Change the tires and see what happens.

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
Driver mod is the most important one.

You should be running 12.6-13.1. Your speed should be 110 plus.

Post some slips if you have them so we can figure out what happened.

Your 60's should be 2.0X on street tires. Your 1/8 mile should be 8.4-8.7 at 83-85 mph.

Was this at Quaker City Raceway in Salem Ohio, or Pittsburgh Raceway park out in New Alexandria Pa. ????

Quaker city is a nice track, but it's a bit slow. Your running a 13.9 at 106 there would be like running a 13.6 at 108 somewhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts