Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced one of the challenger srt8 392's today. Didn't really even know what it was when I came up to it, had to google it when I got home. I got the take on him at the start but after that I was history. It looked like he had the automatic transmission but wasn't sure. When I googled it says there running 470HP, so I really didn't feel to bad when he beat me. Look out if I ever get that supercharger. When I googled it says there weight is 4200 lbs, it looked like a heavy beast with a big engine.

·
Registered
927 Posts
yea those new challengers are pretty fast. i have yet to race one yet. they run 12.9-13.0 I think

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Look out if I ever get that supercharger
They make superchargers and turbos for Dodge too.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yes they have a lot of horsepower and torque, but they weigh too much. With all that HP, they can only manage a 12.9 on Motorweek with a manual transmission. Our cars with a cai, tune, and gears could almost, if not, do that with barely over 300hp.

I think those 3 things plus a couple more bolt ons and you can run with a challenger srt8 all day.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes they have a lot of horsepower and torque, but they weigh too much. With all that HP, they can only manage a 12.9 on Motorweek with a manual transmission. Our cars with a cai, tune, and gears could almost, if not, do that with barely over 300hp.

I think those 3 things plus a couple more bolt ons and you can run with a challenger srt8 all day.
Thats exactly what I was thinking ! That much hp and only running 12.9-13.0 - Not really that impressive, but Dodge has always built boats with a ton of hp. So it's nothing new!

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
They make superchargers and turbos for Dodge too.
I made one look flat stupid a few months back. I put up a post about the kill. Do a search and you can read about it. (yes I'm supercharged). :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I put up a post about the kill. Do a search and you can read about it
Pass. Sure yours is an exception but I find "kill" stories pretty lame. The word "kill" on its own makes me chuckle. Like someone brought down a charging rhino or something. Way too macho for me..lol

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Pass. Sure yours is an exception but I find "kill" stories pretty lame. The word "kill" on its own makes me chuckle. Like someone brought down a charging rhino or something. Way too macho for me..lol

Lol. Yeah not a fan of the word "kill" either.

But I do enjoy reading about the encounters with other cars, especially cars that are supposed to be superior.

There is a newer Challenger RT around the block from me. I've been seeing it every day lately. Purple with a black RT stripe. Man I really love the look of it. Sweet looking car, regardless of the performance. I would have gotten a white stripe though, black is hard to see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts